Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are we still removing the tune when taking the truck in for routine service? My dealer is chill and doesn't care - though better safe than sorry?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of us are not trying to "hide" anything, but makes it easier for any diagnostics, updates, etc. Some techs are easily thrown into a tail spin if they don't see what they expect, and are not trained to know what effects what outside of OE parameters. And as I've found out, you don't always get a call notifying you they are preforming a recall (much to my dismay and aggravation). I had to find it on the receipt.

Quicksilver45

Reaction score
I ended up popping the plastic retainers off the intake tube. And placed the Cobb Top Bracket and used the plastic retainers to install. Went in and held it tight. However, the bracket didn’t sit straight and is a little off as well. I’ll snap a pic when I get a chance.

Overall, it looks good and I’ll leave it in.
I agree, the lower bracket doesn't fit right. On my 22 it slipped right in. It seems like there is less space to maneuver it between the radiator support and that silver tank on the ac condenser? And it feels like there is more stuff (bracing) under that support to line it up perfectly. I just reused the push fittings and used the top piece that fits over the lip. Seems fine...

Attachments

• IMG_6999.jpeg
    IMG_6999.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 17