Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Cobb Accessport crew are a bunch of arrogant "want to be" tuners. just because they "may" have the secret sauce to tune Gen 3 Raptors: "2023" plus their ask price $ for all this Carbon Fiber accessories for the engine compartment is "stupid"

Porsche Design or ordering a new Porsche thought a new car dealer is cheaper for their carbon fiber pieces. Don't care if I'm taken off this FRF for this review, it was my first hand experience.
How r they want to be tuners , I had one on my 19 , best tuner I’ve ever used , and when they crack the 2023 encryption people will be lining up for Cobb tuners .

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Cobb "in house" tuners, but having COUNTLESS tuning sessions with MANY tuners on several different platforms, I've been EXTREMELY happy with Goosetuned (Winfield) who IIRC is a certified Cobb tuner. Soooooo put that in your pipe and smoke it!?!?!

As for Cobb pricing on "cobb" products, well that's about as stupid as EVERYWHERE else less stamped "made in china for you for china"!

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the security is so tight because of the Raptor R? Honestly I am shocked no one has leaked the encryption or cracked it over a year later. They obviously REALLY don’t want us in there lol. No 1000hp Raptor R’s.
Doubtful. The raptor r probably has its own software too.

hookem24

Reaction score
The Cobb Accessport crew are a bunch of arrogant "want to be" tuners. just because they "may" have the secret sauce to tune Gen 3 Raptors: "2023" plus their ask price $ for all this Carbon Fiber accessories for the engine compartment is "stupid"

Porsche Design or ordering a new Porsche thought a new car dealer is cheaper for their carbon fiber pieces. Don't care if I'm taken off this FRF for this review, it was my first hand experience.
I would refute this as I own a 992.1 and have a 992.2 on the way. Porsche Design, Techart, Moshammer, Soul Performance, Fabspeed etc. are all more expensive for comparable parts that are out for the Raptors.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just making a point, I helped run a Porsche store in So Cal from 2009-2017, I'm fully aware of stitching, full leather and carbon fiber toys to the interior and exterior, along with aero kits from Porsche.

992's are awesome in any platform. Enjoy your weekend young squire.

Aurik

Reaction score
Don't know about Cobb "in house" tuners, but having COUNTLESS tuning sessions with MANY tuners on several different platforms, I've been EXTREMELY happy with Goosetuned (Winfield) who IIRC is a certified Cobb tuner. Soooooo put that in your pipe and smoke it!?!?!

As for Cobb pricing on "cobb" products, well that's about as stupid as EVERYWHERE else less stamped "made in china for you for china"!
I'm sure part of that Cobb pricing is the name. Another part of that premium is that everything they sell is CARB-approved, and you're paying for them to deal with all of that paperwork and hassle. That might not matter to some, but for people who live in states that require it, it's a big deal. For those of us here in Colorado that's important.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been there done that you are correct in there are a TON of costs unknown to the consumer. But don’t think for a second those costs are not passed on to those customers and profits made. Otherwise it would be a pointless venture. It’s the smaller mom and pop outfits that generally have the smaller margins due to scale and other factors.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, the lower bracket doesn't fit right. On my 22 it slipped right in. It seems like there is less space to maneuver it between the radiator support and that silver tank on the ac condenser? And it feels like there is more stuff (bracing) under that support to line it up perfectly. I just reused the push fittings and used the top piece that fits over the lip. Seems fine...
I emailed Cobb about this and they got back rather quick. They verified the bracket will have to be revamped some for the 2024's and shroud cover won't fit as well. They did verify the intake still fits and coolant overflow cover does. Wondering if the collapse still occurs with the bracket like ya'll have it, top part and push fittings. I'm sure they will have an updated version soon.