Official Gen 3 COBB Tuning Thread - Accessport, Intake Bracket, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT Tuning in Florida has some competitive pricing on tuning your 2023 Raptor V6 Eco-Boost 3.5 engines. I talked to them a few times and they are more then willing to spend the time with you to discuss their tuning and additional parts that can enhance the torque and horsepower #'s by trial and error on their dyno sessions. Livernois Motorsports in Michigan "really" wants you to drop off your Raptor for a week or so (they are way back logged with scheduled work) they have their own dyno in-house. They are claiming a minimum of 75 increase in horsepower (with their E85 or 93 Octane ECU tune) as well as additional torque. I'm waiting on the CR Stage 5 or Garrett new generation (2023 Raptor) turbochargers, along with an upgraded fuel delivery system. I've already installed the Roush cold air intake(s) and a Livernois Motorsports intercooler. The difference between the OEM intercooler and the Livernois Intercooler is noticeable for just a "bold on" accessory, along with the cold air intake. You can buy the CR or Garrett Turbochargers outright (either CR or Garrett will keep your original turbos and give you a core credit if you want to save some money) and save your OEM ones so if you want to take your Raptor back to stock. I'm by no means an authority on these subjects, just talked to Andy @ Livernois Motorsports and Josh @ MPT tuning, they are both very informative and have the patience to answer all your questions and they are both very knowledgeable when it comes to these V6 Raptors, especially in the model year of these 2023's. Those two tuner companies seem to be the only ones that have the "secret sauce" for breaking these ECU codes or replacing them with their own or maybe something else. Good luck out there with making your decisions to make more ponies and torque on these V6 3.5 engines.

BTW: The jury is out on these new SPD stainless steel downpipes: I get a mixed bag of Pros and Cons. @ $2000+ that's kinda pricey + installation (2-4 hours) to see if they actually work: in my opinion.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPT Tuning in Florida has some competitive pricing on tuning your 2023 Raptor V6 Eco-Boost 3.5 engines. I talked to them a few times and they are more then willing to spend the time with you to discuss their tuning and additional parts that can enhance the torque and horsepower #'s by trial and error on their dyno sessions. Livernois Motorsports in Michigan "really" wants you to drop off your Raptor for a week or so (they are way back logged with scheduled work) they have their own dyno in-house. They are claiming a minimum of 75 increase in horsepower (with their E85 or 93 Octane ECU tune) as well as additional torque. I'm waiting on the CR Stage 5 or Garrett new generation (2023 Raptor) turbochargers, along with an upgraded fuel delivery system. I've already installed the Roush cold air intake(s) and a Livernois Motorsports intercooler. The difference between the OEM intercooler and the Livernois Intercooler is noticeable for just a "bold on" accessory, along with the cold air intake. You can buy the CR or Garrett Turbochargers outright (either CR or Garrett will keep your original turbos and give you a core credit if you want to save some money) and save your OEM ones so if you want to take your Raptor back to stock. I'm by no means an authority on these subjects, just talked to Andy @ Livernois Motorsports and Josh @ MPT tuning, they are both very informative and have the patience to answer all your questions and they are both very knowledgeable when it comes to these V6 Raptors, especially in the model year of these 2023's. Those two tuner companies seem to be the only ones that have the "secret sauce" for breaking these ECU codes or replacing them with their own or maybe something else. Good luck out there with making your decisions to make more ponies and torque on these V6 3.5 engines.

BTW: The jury is out on these new SPD stainless steel downpipes: I get a mixed bag of Pros and Cons. @ $2000+ that's kinda pricey + installation (2-4 hours) to see if they actually work: in my opinion.
Don't you need FDRS to reprogram that new ECM? If so that's a major pain if you live rural.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's part of the tune from each tuner. Livernois Motorsports has a way to use your toggle switches on the steering wheel that you go from E85 91 or 93 even octane: "on the fly" depending on the area that you are driving in.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Nobody is tuning 23s on COBB. That’s another thread/topic.

Also CRP likely won’t be coming out with a S5 set anytime soon. I tuned their first set of 4s. You can’t fit much more turbine into the tiny stock frame turbos. Backpressure is already a serious issue. S5 would be useless at this point.

There is no secret sauce to swapping ecus. It’s been done on other platforms for 10yrs+. It’s just extremely inconvenient.

Last edited:

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's part of the tune from each tuner. Livernois Motorsports has a way to use your toggle switches on the steering wheel that you go from E85 91 or 93 even octane: "on the fly" depending on the area that you are driving in.
Cobb doesn't require FDRS as it isn't a ECU swap.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr. GooseTuned: I hear nothing but "GREAT" things about you and your Raptor tuning. Yeah it's too bad your vendor doesn't have the secret sauce to tune 2023 Raptor V6 EcoBoost engines. I get where your coming from, but my first hand experience with that vendor was very unpleasant as well as their arrogant attitude over the phone when I first got our 2023 Raptor V6, I was looking for engine upgrades right out of the box. I'm by no way a "hater" of that vendor, but I put my dollars where people were decent to me and actually spent the time in educating me in what they believed in and their dyno numbers # was their voice and calling card.

Peace. :peace:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mr. GooseTuned: I hear nothing but "GREAT" things about you and your Raptor tuning. Yeah it's too bad your vendor doesn't have the secret sauce to tune 2023 Raptor V6 EcoBoost engines. I get where your coming from, but my first hand experience with that vendor was very unpleasant as well as their arrogant attitude over the phone when I first got our 2023 Raptor V6, I was looking for engine upgrades right out of the box. I'm by no way a "hater" of that vendor, but I put my dollars where people were decent to me and actually spent the time in educating me in what they believed in and their dyno numbers # was their voice and calling card.

Peace. :peace:

Thanks man!

What vendor are you referring to, COBB?

Yeah they just don’t do those types of work-arounds. And with that they don’t support tuning the 2023. They can’t help you if they don’t support it. So I wouldn’t take it personal, they just don’t want to give you wrong information on a product they can’t help you with.

Once COBB supports 2023 there will be tons of info as they always put out. Hoping soon!

Until then check out the current Gen 3 world record on COBB (2022 truck)! This is nuts.

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was about purchasing their carbon fiber cold air intakes and the carbon fiber shroud on top of the forward engine compartment, it was before I even talked to them about tuning, horsepower and torque numbers they were getting.

They did refer me to you @ GooseTuned and I believe we spoke on the phone awhile back, you were driving, and you verified you weren't doing the tuning on 2023 model Raptors with the V6 EcoBoost engines yet.

It's not a big deal either way, there are John Deere tractors with mower decks to play with out here or our '23 M4 CSL with only 49 miles on it, never driven and the original factory plastic seat covers still left on it. It's in storage in Southern California with a full XPEL ceramic wrap applied to it, in the only color it should be: Frozen Brooklyn Grey Metallic with power seats instead of the drivers side racing seat that only a very small horse jockey can fit in. LM-AO. :driver:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha, yeah they don't really do much past those hard parts. I probably said the same thing. Could've even been before they verified fitment on hard parts.

Haha, that sounds like fun! Hopefully it's nut much longer before support is out!

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't want to beat this horse to death, next. LOL.

SPV did "hook me up" with their 6x6 adaptive lights and these Rigid replacement driving and fog lights intergraded into the front bumper, the Ford factory Rigid lights are really "calmed" down in wattage, the replacements are "literally" a night and day difference, plus SPV is a supported vendor like yourself of Raptor Forum. Gotta help the "homies"

GO BENGALS 200.gif

Attachments

• 20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    20240627_180503 (1)(1) (2) (6).jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 11