Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorLF18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to not see it getting driven by some YouTuber. The Raiti’s ride guy was thrashing a new one the other day.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust leak fixed today. Can't recall what thread this was discussed it so figured I would post it here. There is a fairly common exhaust leak under the driver's seat where the driver-side catted downpipe makes it's connection to rest of the exhaust. It did not look that it was fully seated / squared up so I loosened the bracked and tried to pull together but it was all the way in. So figured since the catted downpipe is a very expensive part that I did not want to mess with it anymore.

Took to the dealer today. He confirmed that this is fairly common and not just R models. It was a simple fix in that he just pulled the connection in the picture below apart. Coated with a high-temp exhaust sealer and reinstalled. I could smell it "burning" when got home so let it cool and then crawled under and checked it. All good now. Drips a little condensation, but no exhaust flow.

Tech had a tube of high-temp exhaust sealer that he said he has had forever. I looked it up and looks like it has been discontinued. So if going to fix yourself just grap something designed for very high temps since this is just past the cats.

Video of leak:

View attachment Leak Video.mp4

Fixed:

Leak Fixed.jpg

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did not have as many issues as some....but almost got everything taken care of. Got the passenger side rear fender flare today. Fits perferectly compared to the large gap at the top of the original one. Got driver side done a week or two ago. Nice thing is something hit my passenger flare and left a white nick where paint came off so new one took care of that. I am sure I will get something else to hit it sooner or later. :) Only thing I have left on my list is the exhaust is uneven. One side sticks out nearly 3/4" more than the other. One of those OCD things. Got the spare out of the way so will take a look under there when it stops raining.

As I got things taken care of it sure seems to make the truck drive better....probably my imagination?

Reaction score
Guess I really lucked out with my May build, the only issue found was a Ford workers finger prints embedded into the tailgate clear coat.

Guess they really are hand built trucks and this worker wanted to put his mark on mine lol

My body shop was able to correct it easily.

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4181.jpeg
    IMG_4181.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 36

Dev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gentleman at the dealer who received the R before PDI missed these 2 issues. How hard is it going to be to have ford cover these?
IMG_0819.jpegIMG_0818.jpeg