Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10/30: built
12/13: "released and awaiting shipment"
12/16: "awaiting shipment, origin received"...meaning loading on trucks/trains can begin
12/22: still no change since 12/16

WTF?!?!?! Ford needs to give us early orderers better treatment than their FILO logistics BS.

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10/31 in transit and moving....

built 10/31
retrofit done 11/9
released 12/5
in transit (norfolk southern Ramp 58 - Melvindale, MI) 12/9

So, my truck has been sitting at the same place "in transit" for 11 days now. It seems a little fishy that it wouldn't have moved by now if there wasn't some type of hold still in place......I'm in KC where tons of NS train routes intersect, so doesn't make any sense. Have any of the retrofit trucks actually been delivered? Seems to support a few posts on here that Dec 23rd may be a date where they let the trucks actually move...

**FWIW, just talked to GM at the dealership and his regional rep said they are all scheduled to start actually moving tomorrow (12/21). As with any other news, I'll believe it when I see it, but the regional rep sent the email 15 mins ago...... still keeping the faith for pre-2017 arrival.

So, my truck is now actually moving after sitting for 12 days "in transit." It looks like the shipping of early build trucks is finally starting. Even though mine is on a train and moving through different locations, I still don't have an ETA. Assuming that it may just show up at the dealer and never have an ETA. I hope everyone else starts seeing the same thing soon......

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a large company that has ~4500 vehicles (nearly all Ford). Asked my North America fleet guy to inquire. Feedback from his Ford contact was the Raptor lot 59 stacking may not accommodate a FIFO process. Some of us just may be the unlucky ones with trucks in the back of the lot. Ugh!

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so just an update for those watching movement of their trucks during the delivery process.

Our 1st order that showed up as "shipped convoy" yesterday has now shown up at the rail yard. So depending on where your location is your truck could ship convoy, then rail and then convoy again.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

This is getting rediculous. Our trucks are 2 months old sitting outside. Moved who knows how many times. I'm really starting to debate if I even want it anymore and just wait to snag one up at a lot

I know it gets frustrating but be patient, it will be worth it. You'll have EXACTLY what you ordered.

FWIW this stuff happens all the time but people don't normally track their orders this closely.

Also there are many units on dealers lots (not Raptors) that have sat for close to a year.

whaler230

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP and they said it looks like my Oct 29 build has been released 12/21 awaiting shipment. We all know what that means at this point but she seemed to think it was good news. We will see. Cant come soon enough, I have 110K on the '13.

Hockey11

Reaction score
Must say I have been pretty upset at times. Mine was built 10/13 and was so excited and couldn't wait. Have been so excited because I made decision to get one in july and was a big decision. Not all of us are super rich. But my wife keeps reminding me it will be worth it in the end when I finally get to drive it. I was ready to not get the truck many times. Who knows when it gets here how I will feel. Just seems like a simple letter inside the truck from ford with a very simple sorry for what has happened would go long ways for how I feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing