Ocotillo Trip Halloween Weekend! Nov(1-EVENING),2,3,)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still in, but won't be arriving until about 1330 on Saturday. Camping Saturday night.

I've got a damn SCUBA class I have to teach Saturday morning.

Sounds good buddy!!! I'm getting excited, its been way to long since I've been there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don,

You guys ever thought about camping further away from the hub-bub of blow sand etc.? I've always liked camping in San Felipe wash over by the blue inn (now RV park). It's quiet at night and you have access to water and supplies at the Blue Inn RV Park.

It's also fairly centrally located to the points of interest in the park. You can go south to pole line and down to the trestle and BLaM land for shooting, and north to shell reef and points east.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don,

You guys ever thought about camping further away from the hub-bub of blow sand etc.? I've always liked camping in San Felipe wash over by the blue inn (now RV park). It's quiet at night and you have access to water and supplies at the Blue Inn RV Park.

It's also fairly centrally located to the points of interest in the park. You can go south to pole line and down to the trestle and BLaM land for shooting, and north to shell reef and points east.

Holmes is right down the road from sand Felipe wash. If you would like you can camp anywhere you want and just meet or hang by Holmes. I just picked that area as it has bathrooms and showers over the hill that's all. Hood open area if no one has it before I get there. It could actually end up with everyone scattered depending on how crowded it is.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm off on Friday and will try and get there early to stake a claim. I should have the fire going and the beer on ice by the time you roll up.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. With only 1,700 miles on my raptor, she needs her first shakedown. I also picked up one of those Camo Napier Sportz truck bed tents to try out as well.

OP
OP
SvtDon

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its getting closer!!! Is anyone bringing dogs. I think I'm gonna have to bring mine. If so will have to keep dogs chained up. Definitely lots of fired word and beer!!

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll bring wood....several bundles, like 10 or so, in case someone needs a bit extra to get them by. Beer/booze....a truck load.