Nitto Ridge Grappler vs. BFG Ko2’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have about 200 miles on the Ridge Grapplers and they drive great. Great traction in the rain and they were fun in the mud. Time will tell on mileage and such.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo ATll? or RT? or MT?

They ATll is most like the KO2.

Toyo RT and the Ridge Grappler could be the same compound with a different tread pattern Toyo and Nitto are basically the same company so decide which tread and sidewall you prefer. These are the exact tires I narrowed my choice down to and prefer the sidewall and pattern of the RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very similar, but I think Toyo offers a better mileage warranty on the ATs, for some reason.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my appointment on Monday to replace the ko2’s... sad and excited at the same time.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes on the Nittos. I think from all that I have read they are the smoothest riding tires for me.

Funny thing is the ko2 are actually sorting them selves out. I noticed last night most the shake had calmed down.

I am going to confirm that they installed the hub centric rings on my wheels to make sure it wasn’t my wheels causing the shake before I hand over another $500

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too have my Nittos ordered, hopefully they will perform as claimed.... I went with the stock size as they are ~5 lbs lighter than the 35x12.50x17 and appear to be virtually the same size...

Last edited:

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Tera G2's, 50K mileage, run smooth and I'll follow anywhere your RG will go. 2nd set on Gen 1 and 2 now and they run great. No Hwy noise, excellent wet and dry and no problem in the type of mud 90% of us go through.