New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. The adapters are not worthless. Yes you will have the ability to remove the need for the adapters if you chose the flush mounted fit. However you could chose the factory fit and pretty much have the same effect. Will they flow a little less? Yes.

However I would most definitely prefer the adapter set up because the joint can move around with bumps and engine flew. I have had plenty of headers and downpipes over the years and had quite a few cracks. The flat flange will put a lot of stress on the welds at the flange and turndowns.

I think the adapters and factory fit is the way to go on this one. My guess is that the difference between the two options power wise will be negligible.

Adapters + downpipe is going to cost you $200 more for no added gain so I guess you can justify wasting money on the adapters all you want but for any performance gains they are worthless with the new DP setup.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adapters + downpipe is going to cost you $200 more for no added gain so I guess you can justify wasting money on the adapters all you want but for any performance gains they are worthless with the new DP setup.
That's not what he's saying. He's saying adapters add decent performance and for $200 the HP per dollar is actually better than a downpipe. I am also concerned about flex and when I called SW today they didn't have an answer for it.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the look of the flange, I dont understand how it gets rid of the adatpers.... the flange looks like the same type as the stock dp.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not what he's saying. He's saying adapters add decent performance and for $200 the HP per dollar is actually better than a downpipe. I am also concerned about flex and when I called SW today they didn't have an answer for it.

Ordered the setup today so I'll chime in when I have some first hand info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered the setup today so I'll chime in when I have some first hand info.

Awesome. Can't wait to hear your thoughts esp on the downpipe.

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The downpipe isnt just for the "adaptor flange". You can get it with high flow cats which will flow a hell of a lot better than stock or you can get catless which will really open up the flow. Just a simple downpipe swap you can get a lot of good turbo sounds out of the system plus faster turbo spool due to the higher flow on the back side of the turbo. Putting a catless down on my subie made a world of difference and I can assume this twin turbo DP setup for the Raptor will have similar effects.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

disagree

I disagree. The adapters are not worthless. Yes you will have the ability to remove the need for the adapters if you chose the flush mounted fit. However you could chose the factory fit and pretty much have the same effect. Will they flow a little less? Yes.

However I would most definitely prefer the adapter set up because the joint can move around with bumps and engine flew. I have had plenty of headers and downpipes over the years and had quite a few cracks. The flat flange will put a lot of stress on the welds at the flange and turndowns.

I think the adapters and factory fit is the way to go on this one. My guess is that the difference between the two options power wise will be negligible.

disagree

The downpipe isnt just for the "adaptor flange". You can get it with high flow cats which will flow a hell of a lot better than stock or you can get catless which will really open up the flow. Just a simple downpipe swap you can get a lot of good turbo sounds out of the system plus faster turbo spool due to the higher flow on the back side of the turbo. Putting a catless down on my subie made a world of difference and I can assume this twin turbo DP setup for the Raptor will have similar effects.

agree

The only thing is, catless will smell like gas all the time, and for sure needs software otherwise CEL.

I would like a full 3" turboback exhaust with high flow cats (since wishing here, HJS cats) and a proper ECU software. Perhaps a bigger FMIC and I would be set for a bit.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
disagree

disagree

agree

The only thing is, catless will smell like gas all the time, and for sure needs software otherwise CEL.

I would like a full 3" turboback exhaust with high flow cats (since wishing here, HJS cats) and a proper ECU software. Perhaps a bigger FMIC and I would be set for a bit.
Looks like SW does what you want then man, get it! If Borla release a downpipe I'll add it to mine too even if it makes very little difference from the adapter. Will see I guess.

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score
So not to be too pedantic but ball and coupler on the adapter shouldn't really move, and by design isant really a flex point. There really needs to be a flex coupler somewhere. But that's just how I would design it. I'm sure their design is just fine.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they don't offer both as I see it but rather only a factory connect. If that's the case...wouldn't one still need adaptors?