New Raptor R is leaking fluid from transfer case output seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunterW67

Reaction score
I have a new 24 R that's turning into a real headache. I bought the truck in June and it has had an issue with leaking tcase fluid from the output shaft. It isn't a ton of fluid, just maybe fifteen drops on the garage floor everytime I ran it. The dealership I bought it from is now on their 3rd attempt at fixing it, including replacing the output seal, full transfer case and rear drive shift replacement and driveshaft replacement again. They're saying they drove it today and it's still leaking. I'm thinking I'm going to go pick the truck up and take it somewhere else because this just feels off, like either their techs aren't familiar with these trucks or maybe worse, they're trying to trigger me to request a lemon law buyback so they can get their ADM a second time. Has anybody else experienced this issue? I know there's been reports of transmission leaks and engine oil leaks with these but I can't find anybody talking about the tcase. Also does anybody know if the tcase, output seal and drive shaft have all been replaced, what could possibly still be causing fluid to leak from the output seal. Input seal leaking atf into the tcase maybe? Pics are of the leak before their latest attempt at fixing it.

Attachments

• 20240622_165744.jpg
    20240622_165744.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240622_165741.jpg
    20240622_165741.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
H

HunterW67

Reaction score
Update: Went up to the dealership without notice and took a look at the "still leaking truck" myself. No leak. The service rep looked nervous and said they'd have it ready to pick up and that they'd test drove it three times that day to see if there was still an issue or not. Long story short, I didn't call him out on the apparent lie because I just wanted the truck out of there without further issue but I will not be taking it back to that service center.

KUWAITI

Reaction score
I Purchased a 2023 Raptor R last week with only 4,500 miles on it. After checking with the dealer, I discovered that both rare shafts had been replaced under warranty because they were bent and both bearings had failed.

I have sold the car the second day and lost 12 000 $ on and ordered the Eco boost 2024 raptor

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 12.14.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 12.14.18 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.40.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.40.10 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't know crap about vehicles if you are cool with taking a $12K L simply because the rear axles and seals were replaced on a used vehicle. That's a positive in my book. You know it has good axles, new bearings and new seals.

Runout =/ bent either.

OP
OP
H

HunterW67

Reaction score
It's a shame to spend that kind of money on a truck and have these kinds of issues.
I agree. QC was clearly lacking as a burr on the driveshaft knuckle was supposedly to blame but the truck only had about 500 miles when I first saw the leak. But it appears fixed now and man is that thing a blast to drive. I still wouldn't trade it for anything else out there.