new options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just found out that one of our manufacturers produces back-up cameras built in a ford logo to go in the rear tailgate. have not seen one in person yet, but looking at the brochure it looks like the original. and knowing the company i know the picture quality will be good. if you dont have the factory screen and want to add one and a backup camera, this would be a good option. if there are any interests in this i will post more info along with pictures on tuesday when i get back to work.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, that post got me thinking. Have the backup camera in the tailgate, 2011. Was thinking a lockpick setup. But have some offroad events coming up where I will not be running a tailgate, thus no camera.
What I really want is a simple backward facing camera and dedicated screen that Wiz can watch for traffic coming up from behind. I know CarToys has setups but was wondering if you had or could but together something like that for us!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pics or info on this? I will be ditching my tailgate shortly. Is it plug and play?

if you have the nav bypass unit with a video input, then you can add the camera. but as far as being able to plug into oem wiring, no, it is not. i have a license plate camera on my other vehicle. i will get a few pics up soon.
Your welcome busa

thanks wilson.