New member and Order Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
Good morning folks. New member from Texas here. Researched a lot on this forum and have decided to join along in waiting for my truck to be delivered. I do however have some questions about my order. I placed an order for a 2024 35'' raptor on May 15th. I have yet to hear anything about the truck from the dealer or from ford. I did not receive an email conformation stating that ford had received my order. My dealer said that Ford is no longer providing email updates on specialty vehicles. Is this true? The dealer said they had an allocation and they were able to get me priority 10. My question is, how long should I wait to hear something before trying to find one on the lot somewhere? I actually have found my exact truck on a lot a few hours from me for the same price. Any insight is welcome. Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Likely your stealership didn’t have an allocation for a Raptor, so they made the order just like hundreds of other stealerships across the country but until or unless Ford grants the stealership an “allocation” for the Raptor, the order will not get picked up.

You can wait it out if you want but ... Don’t.
I don’t think any 3 years of Jen Tres equal the heyday of Jen Too production numbers. IIRC, just before C*vid screwed things up everywhere, a loaded Jen Too could be had for 7-8k under MSRP. There are 35’s on lots all over Texas, the only real question is, which stealership wants the deal more.
Make sure the deal is the same - the “out the door” price is what you’re concerned with. No special add ons, no required extra purchases.
Good luck !

OP
OP
WestTexasRap

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Before I ordered the truck they confirmed they had an allocation but they could have obviously been lying. I would like to think they were being true, they seem like good people. My brother had ordered a tremor from them back in the rough days of 2022 and he got it within 3 months. I reached out to the other dealership with the truck on the lot and of course they had a hidden markup and didn’t seem too interested in selling the truck at MSRP and were just unwilling to work. Think I’m just going to stick it out with the order and see how it pans out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not sure where you’re looking, but generally speaking your best bet is to avoid urban areas as those stealerships are just that. The more rural ones generally treat their customer base with more respect.

I don’t know what priority 10 is, but you should have gotten something... I could be wrong though, maybe some more current Jen Tres buyers could offer comment?

27fn82bf8

Reaction score
The same happened to me when I placed an order with a dealer in TX last month and did not received the email confirmation from Ford. I had my salesperson send a copy of the order summary, called Ford’s customer support line at 800-334-4375, gave them my info along with the Sales and Order Codes from the order summary and they were able to look it up and confirm it was ordered. They also added my email to the order and provided me with the VIN so I could look it up on the Ford tracking website and get updates. They told me some dealerships don’t add your email when ordering which was my case.

OP
OP
WestTexasRap

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
The same happened to me when I placed an order with a dealer in TX last month and did not received the email confirmation from Ford. I had my salesperson send a copy of the order summary, called Ford’s customer support line at 800-334-4375, gave them my info along with the Sales and Order Codes from the order summary and they were able to look it up and confirm it was ordered. They also added my email to the order and provided me with the VIN so I could look it up on the Ford tracking website and get updates. They told me some dealerships don’t add your email when ordering which was my case.
Awesome. I’ll have to give this a try on Monday. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
WestTexasRap

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
How long did it take to get a VIN and build date?

OP
OP
WestTexasRap

WestTexasRap

Reaction score
Update. Got a hold of Ford and gave them my Order code and Sales code. The lady that was helping me said that my order for an ''F450" was received and awaiting production. I said an F450? She said yes sir, that is what we are showing in our system. Called my dealer back and the order sheet I had signed and had was different than the one the dealer submitted. Not sure how that happened. Got the updated order sheet and called back and they were able to give me all of the correct info. It was indeed the raptor I ordered. They gave me the VIN and it is scheduled to be built the week of 7/22. Interesting series of events lol. Now we just hope the build date doesn't get pushed back.