New 2024 R issues with key and drive modes after ppf install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2024 R with about 500 miles. Today I picked it up from the shop after getting a tonneau cover, full ppf stealth wrap and tints; I noticed that my proximity sensors on the car don’t work. Neither key automatically unlocks now. Also, the R button no longer works. Everything else seems fine. The shop said they didn’t take anything apart for the installs. I’m wondering what could cause such a gremlin and how to defeat it. Thanks!

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
Probably low battery from prolonged ship hold and no driving at ppf installer for another week. Charge up battery (Ford Performance charger overnight) and then remove negative ground for 15 min to reset BCM. Fixed my 2024 R with same exact story. .

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably low battery from prolonged ship hold and no driving at ppf installer for another week. Charge up battery (Ford Performance charger overnight) and then remove negative ground for 15 min to reset BCM. Fixed my 2024 R with same exact story. .
Oh interesting. I don’t have a charger. Maybe i need to just drive it in circles tomorrow for a few hours then. Thanks

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually having a ravelco installed Monday and so the battery will need to be disconnected for some time anyways

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
Would take a couple weeks driving or a sustained highway trip ... 1000 RPM basically treads water charge wise because there are so many electronic systems . Go to dealer - they will charge it up for you

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually having a ravelco installed Monday and so the batter will need to be disconnected
Would take a couple weeks driving or a sustained highway trip ... 1000 RPM basically treads water charge wise because there are so many electronic systems . Go to dealer - they will charge it up for you
good to know. Would any charger work? I have one I use for some other vehicles.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charger has to at least be AGM rated. Ford performance one is pretty nice for 120 bucks. Good to to do a recond cycle once a year with it to maintain battery. Probably worth having.
I’ll pick one up. Thanks

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
yes that's the one- works for AGM and also has recondition mode for maintenance. works for all Fords except the GT supercar