nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Got mine today too. I understand the camera (blue) and BCM (orange) for the front camera. But are the extra Input 1 & 2 and Output 2 & 3 and the other non-marked orange cable used for anything? Instructions are very vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine today too. I understand the camera (blue) and BCM (orange) for the front camera. But are the extra Input 1 & 2 and Output 2 & 3 and the other non-marked orange cable used for anything? Instructions are very vague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say Ditto on everything he said and also what are the other end of the usb cables for. Thanks for the quick delivery Noah.

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the doorstep yesterday. Wonder how long I will let it sit in the box before getting the nerve up to tackle the install.

Anyone know of experienced installers in the Northern VA area? I'd gladly pay the 100-200 range to not spend my own time on something I probably wouldn't enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SLACK N

Reaction score
Mine was also on the doorstep yesterday, maybe my New Years day project, if I get the nerve up to tear apart the truck.

Thanks for working the group buy Noah.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its good to hear a lot of you got them already.

you do not need to worry about any of the other wires. connect the harness, and connect the camera wires. thats it.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my box as well. I have a few other things to get and I plan on doing a bunch of wiring all at once so I only have to take apart things one time.

chadasm

Reaction score
Just finished installing in my 2013. Everything appears to work great. I can confirm that the blue guide lines are not available when you force the front camera, but they do return when you meet all the original requirements for it to enable.

I did not use the other wires labeled input # and output #. I connected the two for the front camera per the instructions and the plug and play cables. The USB I ran down to behind the panel that you removed in the passenger footwell incase it is needed later.

The provided instructions for removing the dash are not helpful. Look for Noah's video in this thread instead. The only trouble I had was trying to remove the wires for the sport trac button on the top of the dash. I broke the tab trying to pull it out and never got it to release. What I ended up doing instead was leaving it connected and swinging that whole dash piece up on top of the dash, and it was up and out of the way.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got mine today too Noah. Thanks!

Since I just got the harness upgrade only, I assume that makes all the old wiring obsolete now. i.e. the harness replaces any further need for the jumble of wires with my original NAV-TV purchase. Correct?

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed today in my 2013. Took my time and it wasn't hard, there is a YouTube video for 2013 dash removal on a lariat everything is the same except the uplifter switch panel.
The two boxes drop down behind radio opening and fit in a nice space below the CD unit
y4u9eny4.jpg

I ended up ******** the two together and cable tied in place with some padding to avoid rattles. Tested and everything works great. Front camera while driving, rear camera and playing movie from iPad while in motion. Thanks Noah !!!