nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is that done, displays on the Nav screen?

Used iPad output cable has composite (red, white, yellow) to plug into port in glove box
7enanu7u.jpg

Push defrost button twice for VIM -video in motion.
raqeja3e.jpg

Now movie plays while driving and sound through stereo.
y2ahy4u7.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

That's cool. Looks new for 2013, all that in the glovebox (my 2011 just has power). What is the plug between the video and USB ports?

Saw you are from SB. Used to live there when I was a kid in the 70's. Lived on Twinridge up Old N. San Marcos road.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's cool. Looks new for 2013, all that in the glovebox (my 2011 just has power). What is the plug between the video and USB ports?

Saw you are from SB. Used to live there when I was a kid in the 70's. Lived on Twinridge up Old N. San Marcos road.

It's an SD card slot.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's awesome, my friend owns the valley below Twinridge has been in his family for decades. I noticed your listed as Midwest, I moved to SB from the Midwest when I was young back in '68

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine today too Noah. Thanks!

Since I just got the harness upgrade only, I assume that makes all the old wiring obsolete now. i.e. the harness replaces any further need for the jumble of wires with my original NAV-TV purchase. Correct?
correct. no need for the other wire harness anymore.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noah,

I'm planning on installing this Saturday. I believe we need 2 wires (for the front cam) that didn't come with the kit (or at least they are not long enough to reach). What length and gauge/type do you recomend?

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noah,

I'm planning on installing this Saturday. I believe we need 2 wires (for the front cam) that didn't come with the kit (or at least they are not long enough to reach). What length and gauge/type do you recomend?

Correct, the kit says "extend the LIN wires" it's the blue "camera" and the orange "BCM" The wires on the kit are 20 gauge, I don't know total length, I started with about 6 feet and ran through giant rubber grommet in engine bay drivers side and routed along above kick panel and high up under the dash. The hardest part it pushing the wire through a slit in the grommet, it seals tightly.