nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helmer

Reaction score
Does anyone who installed theirs, have an issue with the nav screen not working at times. I'm not sure if its from using remote start, or not. However I've now had it not come on 3 times. I cant control climate, radio, navigation, phone. Nothing. It was never an issue prior to installing the navtv. When its not working, the navtv still has power (green light on the box). The first time I checked all the fuses related to it. And they where all good. restarted and all was well. ??

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be the same thing, just no cutting wires behind the screen.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

who did your installation? and where did you purchase from?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had one issue so far, I was on the highway, using GPS, and I turned on the front camera for a couple minutes. It locked up my navigation. Showed I was stationary and not moving, but it would show the direction I was facing, so the little icon was sitting there twirling all around as I made turns throughout my drive, but never moved an inch. Didn't fix itself till I shut the truck off and restarted it.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That issue with navigation is exactly the problem I keep having. Dealer "fixed" it once but it still happens. Makes my navigation useless most of the time. Trying to figure out what to do now since dealer has no clue what to do with it.

helmer

Reaction score
it would be the same thing, just no cutting wires behind the screen.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

who did your installation? and where did you purchase from?

I did the installation. I bought it off someone who I believe bought it from the group buy. And did not install.

D

Deleted member 12951

Got off the phone with Nav-tv support. They don't have the installations available on their website yet for the new harness. I do have a some questions on the install though.

1. They stated that you need to get to the back of the radio. How do you get to it, is there a video or installation that anyone can provide?
2. You have to extend some wires to under the hood to tap into the front camera. Are those extended wires included in the kit or do I need to purchase some wire?
3. What path do you follow to extend those wires?
4. Does the Nav-Tv module require power? If so, is that in the plug-n-play harness or does something need to extend to a power source/fuse box?
5. Besides getting behind the radio do you also have to get inside the center console by the shifter?
6. What is the average time to complete this install? For a novice OR expert (incase I want to get an installation quote and make sure they stay in line with quoted time)?
7. What tools and supplies are needed for this install?

Sorry for the N00b questions but hopefully they might help someone else too.

Crazyc

Reaction score
Got off the phone with Nav-tv support. They don't have the installations available on their website yet for the new harness. I do have a some questions on the install though.

1. They stated that you need to get to the back of the radio. How do you get to it, is there a video or installation that anyone can provide?
2. You have to extend some wires to under the hood to tap into the front camera. Are those extended wires included in the kit or do I need to purchase some wire?
3. What path do you follow to extend those wires?
4. Does the Nav-Tv module require power? If so, is that in the plug-n-play harness or does something need to extend to a power source/fuse box?
5. Besides getting behind the radio do you also have to get inside the center console by the shifter?
6. What is the average time to complete this install? For a novice OR expert (incase I want to get an installation quote and make sure they stay in line with quoted time)?
7. What tools and supplies are needed for this install?

Sorry for the N00b questions but hopefully they might help someone else too.

Hey RDFTS,

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/nav-tv-install-radio-removal-directions-21732/

This is Noah doing an install in his shop.

Scott