My 2023 RaptorR order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same combo mine is! Sitting in rail yard a few miles from my dealership. Dealer says sometimes it’s a day can be 2weeks. A GT500 sat in yard 30days. It has to go truck those few miles. Seems when they arrive late that pretty much means damaged.
I really hope it shows up soon for you. You’ve been very insightful through this process. I feel very lucky for how it all shook down for me. The truck is pretty amazing.

A couple thoughts…. The R feels heavier than the V6. Little more rear wheel hop. Less “floaty” than the V6 even at the same tire pressure. The power seems pretty linear. The accelerator and power keeps going and going.
I haven’t mashed the throttle yet but my impression is that my TRX Tyrant is faster. The TRX is more raw. The sounds, including the SC whine, are much much more in your face on the TRX. The R rides much better than the TRX. The interior quality- surfaces and materials are better in the TRX.
Both are great. Just slightly different. Love them both.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to drive by the local railyard today just to see what I could see. Side road behind the place I see a Orange truck part of bed side and top of roof that appears to be code orange and the graphics on side of bed appear to be those of a R.
If I wasn't bonkers prior I surely will be by the time I get the truck. I did ford chat again today and the date to delivery has changed once again. It was 7/24 to 7/30 then it went to 6/30 to 7/13 delivery and now today it showed 7/3 to 7/9.
Per that the chances are good I can take delivery next week.

The railyard auto transport trucks the lot was jamb packed full of empty trucks had to be well over a dozen of them so since my dealer is 10-12 miles away hoping it will show next week. Be nice it shows to dealer monday or tuesday as the Ford GT tech I want to do PDI will be back to work on Wednesday. Hoping my next post will be with truck sitting in my driveway/garage. I simply could not handle ordering another. Looking at the supposed '24 I much prefer the '23.
At dealer today just to look and there was 2-3 truck loads of new veh sitting in intake rows.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have your rep email the ramp manager to put priority. Mine landed at the rail yard on the 27th with ETA of 7/10 and Vinview updated with 7/3 to dealer.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have your rep email the ramp manager to put priority. Mine landed at the rail yard on the 27th with ETA of 7/10 and Vinview updated with 7/3 to dealer.
Nobody seems to be in a hurry.
The tech i want to do PDI will not be back from vacation until Wednesday 7/5 but would be nice to have R in his bay ready for his return.
350 days waiting so far but this last 5 days gonna kill me yet..

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your truck show yet?
The GM of my dealership has been on vacation but I finally reached out to him today. He said every time they call the ramp manager they just say we are "busy" will get it to you when we can.
Have known the GM for years and always 100% straight shooter. He said they will reach out to ramp to try to get the truck even though he is still on vacation until next week.

I have known the OWNER of dealership well over 30 yrs. He bought a 1967 Mustang FB GT390 from me for when one of his daughters turned 16.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no luck. They said they were backed up big time because of Holiday and truckers not being available. He said should be in before Saturday.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no luck. They said they were backed up big time because of Holiday and truckers not being available. He said should be in before Saturday.
The past 7 days knowing it’s sitting outside at railyard is pure torture not knowing if n when i can finally take delivery.
Sure hope the truck is flawless. Maybe we will both take delivery same day!
Where are you located?
My truck like yours has been at railyard since 3-4 pm on 6/27.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The past 7 days knowing it’s sitting outside at railyard is pure torture not knowing if n when i can finally take delivery.
Sure hope the truck is flawless. Maybe we will both take delivery same day!
Where are you located?
My truck like yours has been at railyard since 3-4 pm on 6/27.
I'm in NY, and my dealer is less than 12 miles away from the railyard. I see you're in AZ. I went to grad school at ASU.