My story on ordering an R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CliffC

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my story to maybe help someone.
On 12/15/23 I contacted my buddy that works at a large ford dealership to order an R. He said he could do it at MSRP. YAY!
Then reading threads on here, about ordering vs. having an allocation I contacted him and asked "do you have an allocation to get an R" yes sure, I just don't know if we will get it this year or next. So I got the feeling they didn't have an "allocation" but he was hoping mine would just get in the production line. So, not having a good feeling I contacted my local dealership on 2/21/24 and they said they had 4 allocation and 3 where taken but at $25K over. We talked and got them down to $10K. I just got a call yesterday and he emailed me my VIN along with a production date of May 13.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
I have a recent order with a Priority Code 3. I’m told Ford has accepted the order. I have no idea what that really means.

If anybody wants to clue me in. I would appreciate it.

Blast2hell

Reaction score
I have a recent order with a Priority Code 3. I’m told Ford has accepted the order. I have no idea what that really means.

If anybody wants to clue me in. I would appreciate it.
As I understand it, Priority Code 3 is the priority the dealer put on it in regards to all their inventory requests. 03 is the top priority they can put, and thats good if the priority on their Ford F250 xlt is set at 08 for instance. But if they set everything to priority three, then it's a wash.

If you have your preview order sheet, assuming it's a retail order and not stock. Just call Ford for an update

1-800-334-4375 , on your preview sheet you'll need your Order Code and Sales Code, they should be able to look your order up. Best you can do until you get a VIN.