My 2017 Shadow Black Raptor build by Eurotech Motorsports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to ride sleds on around the Plateau alot. Great riding when there's a base. Had a few properties in Geneva so I was around there a bit.

OP
OP
K

krock77

Reaction score
He and his buddies have taken some trophies from the sticks up there. I miss the upstate NY outdoors. It was my backyard growing up.
I love it up there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Used to ride sleds on around the Plateau alot. Great riding when there's a base. Had a few properties in Geneva so I was around there a bit.
This winter the riding was great.

wwgman

Reaction score
Krock I get that this isn't the style of build some guys would like but to say that is not a beautiful truck is just crazy. The work on that looks fantastic. I can't begin to imagine how much money you have into that truck but I'm sure you love everything that has been done to it. Drive that thing around town and enjoy the hell out of it. Quick question. What do the 20 inch wheels with the smaller sidewall tires due to the ride and road noise? I really like the looks of the 20's on it but it just seems like the KO2 is such a perfect match for it. The last thing I want is a rougher ride and loud tire noise when
i'm going down the highway.

OP
OP
K

krock77

Reaction score
Krock I get that this isn't the style of build some guys would like but to say that is not a beautiful truck is just crazy. The work on that looks fantastic. I can't begin to imagine how much money you have into that truck but I'm sure you love everything that has been done to it. Drive that thing around town and enjoy the hell out of it. Quick question. What do the 20 inch wheels with the smaller sidewall tires due to the ride and road noise? I really like the looks of the 20's on it but it just seems like the KO2 is such a perfect match for it. The last thing I want is a rougher ride and loud tire noise when
i'm going down the highway.

The Nitto Ridge Grapplers ride exactly like the KO2's. The ride quality is just like stock and there is zero road noise. I had Toyo R/T's on my 2014 Raptor and they were very loud. I highly recommend the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Thanks for your comments.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I'd sell it to you but you couldn't afford it. Maybe you should stop following the Raptor Forum on Daddy's computer and get a job! Then, maybe you could build your own Raptor!!! People like you are just looking to impress other forum members with their insults. But, the members who earned the money for their trucks and the modifications they may want to make have respect for the effort that goes in to making this all possible. Good luck with your job interviews. Maybe a company will hire you to take out their trash. Or do you already do that for Daddy in order to get permission to use his computer????

I was just having some friendly banter ur truck is fine, only thing wrong is the 20 inch wheels but hey to each his own and imo the money invested in the lights could have went to better upgrades like suspension, etc. no need to get your ******* in a ***, insulting someones income is just downright foolish. have a good day sir.

D

Deleted member 12951

Truck not for me but it's not my money. I wouldn't say having lights in the wheel wells is a bad idea or underneath. I know Noah @The Car Stereo Company has done this with his truck and more and he off-roads it for being stock more so than what I see guys that have off-road mods on it. The lights in those areas are helpful when you have to work on your truck on the trail at night. Does it have different colors than just what is shown? I know this truck will never see a trail as you already admitted that.

I can tell you one thing, having a Street Queen (and yes, I know the OP said Street King but there is no such thing for a King) is a lot cheaper on the wallet than an modded out Off-road raptor. I for one have sunk over $20-30k into mine and driving it hard in dirt tends to break things that you are either constantly fixing or upgrading. But if I had to choose again, I would rather off-road, its too damn fun in a raptor and the community that strives behind those activities. I am not too much into car shows, seems boring compared to driving in dirt.

This forum tends to be more purpose built for a Raptor that uses them as intended and for the 3+ years I've been here, it really hasn't ever catered to the street raptor crowd unfortunately. I had a King Ranch before the Raptor and every truck before that rarely saw dirt, so I understand the desire to have a street truck. I just wouldn't blame the Eurotech shop for what they are doing, they are doing what the customer wants and what the customer is paying for, money is money.

Good luck with your ride but its going to be hostile here regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all of disco raptors outside lights were originally intended to be white. however once i started i decided i wanted them in all colors not only white. while my lights do chage colors on demand, almost every light location on the outside serves a purpose. allows me to work on my truck at 2am in the desert or mountains without the need for a flashlight. the color changing was just because i could. its nice to change a tire or crawl under my truck or work in my engine bay without the need of a flashlight or someone holding a flashlight, and without casting shadows. i single non white color is just for looks and doesnt really serve a purpose other than ground effects. but, im not judging. i have more color changing lights than anyone should ever have

OP
OP
K

krock77

Reaction score
Truck not for me but it's not my money. I wouldn't say having lights in the wheel wells is a bad idea or underneath. I know Noah @The Car Stereo Company has done this with his truck and more and he off-roads it for being stock more so than what I see guys that have off-road mods on it. The lights in those areas are helpful when you have to work on your truck on the trail at night. Does it have different colors than just what is shown? I know this truck will never see a trail as you already admitted that.

I can tell you one thing, having a Street Queen (and yes, I know the OP said Street King but there is no such thing for a King) is a lot cheaper on the wallet than an modded out Off-road raptor. I for one have sunk over $20-30k into mine and driving it hard in dirt tends to break things that you are either constantly fixing or upgrading. But if I had to choose again, I would rather off-road, its too damn fun in a raptor and the community that strives behind those activities. I am not too much into car shows, seems boring compared to driving in dirt.

This forum tends to be more purpose built for a Raptor that uses them as intended and for the 3+ years I've been here, it really hasn't ever catered to the street raptor crowd unfortunately. I had a King Ranch before the Raptor and every truck before that rarely saw dirt, so I understand the desire to have a street truck. I just wouldn't blame the Eurotech shop for what they are doing, they are doing what the customer wants and what the customer is paying for, money is money.

Good luck with your ride but its going to be hostile here regardless.
I appreciate your comments. I knew exactly the response I was going to get from some of the "hardcore" off-roaders, but I also know there are a lot of people on the forum that use their Raptor on road like I do. It's all good!! I enjoyed the banter for a day. Enjoy your ride as well.