Mid Perch and MODS for new Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in Boston are you? I know a couple good shops in the area that have done work on my truck.

I am located in Canton and would love to know who you use. Thank you!!!
I am doing the mid-perch for sure among other things!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the mid perch voids the warranty?

Great question. Here is a crappy answer. ANYTHING you do to alter the vehicle could impact the way Ford views your warranty. Gone are the days when your buddy at the dealership looked out for you. Dealers must send detailed descriptions of warranty work with pictures at a particular cost point.I think it's is about a grand. Now you will be told there is a law (actually it is only an act) where Ford must prove what you did directly affected the warranty work. That is true; however that requires YOU to employ an attorney at YOUR expense. Ford knows this so they certainly are not worried, since they have hundreds on retainer. Many many folks modify their trucks including me..................it's frankly a crap shoot!!!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't like what you are told at one dealership, just go to another. Some want to earn your loyalty and future business, and are willing to play ball.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much does the mid-perch cost?

Prices vary but I think anywhere from two hundred bucks to about three fifty seems to be the norm. Keep in mind you will need a realignment after the adjustment and that is where most of the cost comes from. The actual work with the right tools and a lift is only about thirty minutes.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
raptorchris14;564920/QUOTE said:
Just drive it for a while. I have had mine 3 years com January. I am still OEM height. no perch. I had an intake on and took it off after one day. Hated the noise and it actually took away some highway accel without the tune. 75 to 100 suffered for some reason. The vibration and sucking sound sucked! AHhaaaa. I do have just a slip in place Flow master Super 44 and the sound is right where I want it. Deep tone, no real annoying drone at highway speeds and when you stomp the gas it BARKS!

I occasionally pull a trailer with bikes on it. These trucks are sprung soft. The truck rides almost level with a trailer attached. Mid perch would give the truck a real bad nose up when towing. So I have not gone mid perch yet. At the local Raptor meets I get accused of having a LOW RIDER since 99% of everyone else has gone mid or top perch or done extensive suspension mods. HAHaaaaa.

Throw a muffler on, drive it for a while as is. Do Mid Perch for looks only if your not off roading. I have BEAT my low rider and so far its been everywhere all the jacked up and tuned and this and that trucks have gone. Maybe not as graceful but none the less, ITS BEEN THERE! HAhaaa.

BDRAG

OP
OP
R

raptorchris14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raptorchris14;564920/QUOTE said:
Just drive it for a while. I have had mine 3 years com January. I am still OEM height. no perch. I had an intake on and took it off after one day. Hated the noise and it actually took away some highway accel without the tune. 75 to 100 suffered for some reason. The vibration and sucking sound sucked! AHhaaaa. I do have just a slip in place Flow master Super 44 and the sound is right where I want it. Deep tone, no real annoying drone at highway speeds and when you stomp the gas it BARKS!

I occasionally pull a trailer with bikes on it. These trucks are sprung soft. The truck rides almost level with a trailer attached. Mid perch would give the truck a real bad nose up when towing. So I have not gone mid perch yet. At the local Raptor meets I get accused of having a LOW RIDER since 99% of everyone else has gone mid or top perch or done extensive suspension mods. HAHaaaaa.

Throw a muffler on, drive it for a while as is. Do Mid Perch for looks only if your not off roading. I have BEAT my low rider and so far its been everywhere all the jacked up and tuned and this and that trucks have gone. Maybe not as graceful but none the less, ITS BEEN THERE! HAhaaa.

BDRAG

Thanks for the sound advice BDRAG. I think that is what I am going to do. Appreciate the advice.