Low torque at WOT no fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well if you plan on keeping a ford around, you'll want to look at forscan..

im guessing boost leak, or TPS issues, but until its verified via datalog, its all grasping at straws since there is no code and even the ford dealer is telling you sorry... :shrug:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The amount and level of Ford tuning information rivals the ancient GM and in the case of Ecoboost is way ahead. Check out HPTuners and The Tuning School for some learning. There are no shade-tree “quick fixes” in modern (Ford) electronic engine management. Maybe with the BitchMoanWhine series, but not Ford Ecoboost.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_Kiwi2

Reaction score
The amount and level of Ford tuning information rivals the ancient GM and in the case of Ecoboost is way ahead. Check out HPTuners and The Tuning School for some learning. There are no shade-tree “quick fixes” in modern (Ford) electronic engine management. Maybe with the BitchMoanWhine series, but not Ford Ecoboost.
All of the BMW’s I’ve owned have been more reliable than my raptor and cost me less to maintain lol.

Mini update. Watched the misfire counter and on the second pull it registered misfires on cylinder 2, 3 and 5. Swapped coils around and repeated the test. Found cylinder 2 stayed, but misfires moved to cylinder 1 and 6. None of these set a check engine light or registered a misfire fault. Installed new spark plugs and ignition coils and repeated the test, found no misfires present.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All of the BMW’s I’ve owned have been more reliable than my raptor and cost me less to maintain lol.

Mini update. Watched the misfire counter and on the second pull it registered misfires on cylinder 2, 3 and 5. Swapped coils around and repeated the test. Found cylinder 2 stayed, but misfires moved to cylinder 1 and 6. None of these set a check engine light or registered a misfire fault. Installed new spark plugs and ignition coils and repeated the test, found no misfires present.

These engines are very sensitive to spark plug gap.. especially when tuned

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the flexible intake an issue on Gen 2’s? Maybe during heavy acceleration you’re sucking your intake closed…

Look @0:35 in this video

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our trucks don't do that to the intake.

I love all the arm chair tech's acting like they would even know where to begin with this issue...LMAO

238* coolant will pull timing, and I'm sure MCT is plenty high by that point as well to be reducing timing (the ecu start reducing timing at 100* MCT, 200* coolant). Keep in mind, the tables that do this timing pull are meant to pull timing from the already optimistic borderline/mbt timing tables. So they're not pulling timing to reduce power per se, but more so for the ecu to get ahead of potential knock. Instead of allowing it to knock, then pulling timing, Ford determined how much timing to pull per temperature to keep things happier.

And it is also likely in COT or FOT (catalyst or flange over temp) protection, which reduces enriches AFR without going into PE/OP mode, and if temps keep climbing will reduce target load (close the throttle, less boost, etc). But we need to see data logs :)

Last edited: