GEN 2 Loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

c_phillips02

Reaction score

Truck is pulling timing bad. Watch the spark knock in the video. Truck is backing the throttle down to 50% when WOT. Have zero misfires and can’t hear any pinging. Fresh plugs, air filter and run 93 octane. Could I be getting false knock?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has a VTA BOV adapter. I took it off to make sure it wasn’t the problem but no change so I put it back on.
Why do you need a bov adaptor?

I bet you have a boost leak and the truck is pulling time and fuel because its not getting the air it wants vs throttle angle etc.

OP
OP
C

c_phillips02

Reaction score
Why do you need a bov adaptor?

I bet you have a boost leak and the truck is pulling time and fuel because its not getting the air it wants vs throttle angle etc.
I don’t need it. It is just for sound.

The ECU is seeing knock according to the spark knock #’s. I do not hear any knocking or pinging. When it runs good the spark knock is showing 0 to -3 and has plenty of power. I’m leaning towards it seeing false knock or a knock sensor is bad now.