Livernois valve springs for 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHound

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m looking to swap out my valve springs as a preventative measure (I’m at 260,000 km or 161,000 miles). Livernois springs look good but I’m wondering if the additional seat pressure (130 lbs vs stock 100) has caused anyone issues with valvetrain noise/wear (these suckers are already a little rattly). Any any known spring failures from these?

This would be with stock cams and NA, but interested in feedback from anyone running them.

Appreciate any insight guys, this is a great forum!

-Trevor

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the springs a known issue?
I had not heard that.
I have about 166 thousand on mine.
Hope not.
I do know some other engines have failure like clockwork, but did not think these were one.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here:

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Unless your going to go the all the way leave the springs alone. Use OE if you feel the need to proceed. 0 need for those springs unless your doing their cams and rockers for the extra umph.

OP
OP
BlueHound

BlueHound

Reaction score
Here:

Thanks Coba90GT. I checked that thread out. I solved most of the rattling when I went synthetic, kept changes to 5,000 (kms) and also replaced the evap purge solenoid (damn thing was making a hell of a racket. I was sure I had a cracked flex plate or rod bearing shot).

My fear with the heavier springs is I would over stress the valve train/ bleed down the hydraulic lash adjusters (which you can’t buy separate, only full rocker arm shaft/assy) and cause noise to come back / get worse

OP
OP
BlueHound

BlueHound

Reaction score
Unless your going to go the all the way leave the springs alone. Use OE if you feel the need to proceed. 0 need for those springs unless your doing their cams and rockers for the extra umph.
Copy that. The more I read on it, aligns with your advice. adding heavier springs is going to give me more headaches. Just looking to ensure longevity of the motor. Suppose Ford designed that spring rate with these cams for a reason!

Marlboroman

Reaction score
I’ll add that changing them for piece of mind isn’t necessarily piece of mind. Be a real bummer to get one that wasn’t hardened fully or whatever and end up where you didn’t want to be anyway. The ones that have broken and been reported here seem to go for no apparent reason at relatively low mileage. Granted these are mostly ancient posts. I’m approaching the quarter million mile club and don’t even think about it at this point.

OP
OP
BlueHound

BlueHound

Reaction score
I’ll add that changing them for piece of mind isn’t necessarily piece of mind. Be a real bummer to get one that wasn’t hardened fully or whatever and end up where you didn’t want to be anyway. The ones that have broken and been reported here seem to go for no apparent reason at relatively low mileage. Granted these are mostly ancient posts. I’m approaching the quarter million mile club and don’t even think about it at this point.
I totally get that perspective. I come from the pushrod V8 with hot cam world (400 SB) where you need to change springs every 30k miles or so. Used to it as a maintenance item of sorts. But it’s not unheard of to get a bad one and it’s lights out. Crap shoot for sure…