Limited options on 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panzermechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read in one of the other posts that certain options are no longer available for the 2012 (moonroof, Nav and cameras). Has anyone heard or knows about this for sure? I am planning on ordering one in the next few weeks and while I don't want a moonroof, the nav and cameras were definately on my want list. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
panzermechanic

panzermechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assure you I'm not trying to troll or incite a riot. I heard a rumor so I figured I would come here for the straight scoop. I am very excited at the prospect of ordering a new vehicle, especially because said vehicle is a Raptor, I would just hate to have to compromise what I want.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we are only in the second week of production of 2012 Raptors. Currently dealer stock orders are being built. And once Ford does their quality thing on these units, then production of customer orders will be processed.
The confusion is that Ford is not allowing certain options to be ordered for dealer stock (luxury package, front camera, etc) only base units. Customer orders are being taken, but no commitment on delivery time until "okay to ship" is recieved on stock orders.

I tried to sum up the message from Ford posted by Randy. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=77614

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we are only in the second week of production of 2012 Raptors. Currently dealer stock orders are being built. And once Ford does their quality thing on these units, then production of customer orders will be processed.
The confusion is that Ford is not allowing certain options to be ordered for dealer stock (luxury package, front camera, etc) only base units. Customer orders are being taken, but no commitment on delivery time until "okay to ship" is recieved on stock orders.

I tried to sum up the message from Ford posted by Randy. vin's pulled - Page 3 - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - F-150 SVT Raptor Forum - Ford Raptor Discussion Forums

excellent job man that sums it up imo best you can

OP
OP
panzermechanic

panzermechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, I misunderstood or was misinformed that you could not order certain options. While the idea of an extended wait isn't something I look forward to, it does beat not being able to order the exact truck I want.

Thanks again

Reaction score
I havent gotten anything negative about my custome order, I ordered mine through military sales since im in afghanistan and they keep me pretty well informed on any changes to my fully loaded raptor order.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent gotten anything negative about my custome order, I ordered mine through military sales since im in afghanistan and they keep me pretty well informed on any changes to my fully loaded raptor order.

thank you for your service an welcome you should start a thread an let everyone know a little about you