Light bump Steer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

F1502raptor

Reaction score
Go OEM if you can. 2nd opinion also if you can. To me these truck have that light feeling on the highway. On my 4th Gen 1 and all different brands of tires and still feels that way to me. My current 2010 has only 23k miles and I have that feeling. I attribute it to the off road tires. Currently K02s. Good luck

Thanks for the info. They did bring me into the shop, shook the tire while I looked at the inner tie rod that I could see some movement in

When hitting bumps or potholes on the highway or at speeds above 35mph, do you get much feedback (like light bump steer)? Light steering is one thing but I get a little feedback in the steering wheel during some bumps at speed

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

F1502raptor

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. On a recent road trip where there was a winding hwy at 65mph where there were bridge transitions/expansion gaps and I could definitely wheel the steering wheel tension lighten up and move easily for a brief second. A little unnerving…

Have the ford dealer (I bought an extended warranty and tie rods are covered) looking at it and they say they can find any issues. I specifically asked them to look at the tie rods and they said they’re good. The offroad shop quickly diagnosed, a month ago, as the tie rods.

Wonder why the offroad shop could quickly identify the inner tie rods as the issue where the dealership can’t?

OP
OP
F

F1502raptor

Reaction score
Dig some digging around and talked with Shocks by Hammer. Says guys call in all the time with my same issue and every time it’s the work out shocks not keeping the tire in contact with the road/dirt and making the steering go soft because there not consistent contact with the road/dirt

I knew I needed to rebuild them soon but may bump that up to next on my list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustBud