keyfob battery dead in days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woutvc

Reaction score
Recently I have changed the battery in the key.
And since then the key is dead after 4 or 5 days doing nothing.
The Battery itself (CR2450) still has 3V in it, but the key is not responding.
What could cause this and how can I solve it.

aFallenTree

Reaction score
Any corrosion visible on the contact points where the battery touches inside the fob? I've had some new batteries test out to 3v and still fail to work in the fob (amazon..) so easiest next step is try another battery thats name brand and then dig deeper if you get the same results.

OP
OP
woutvc

woutvc

Reaction score
I use energizer batteries :)
And It's my fourth battery in 4 weeks.
So adding a new one will just depleet in 4 to 5 days again.
What I can do is use contact cleaner in the key and see what happens

Powerlies

Reaction score
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but my olight flash light for example eats Energizer batteries like candy. Maybe a week or 2 then done. I use Duracell and get 2-3 months. I'm chasing fob problems at this moment also. All kinds of posts to read on key fob issues (still reading). I wish both of us GOOD LUCK!

aFallenTree

Reaction score
Will also say I've had better luck with Duracell or Panasonic batteries. Seeing as you have went through that many already I'd lean on some kinda issue with the circuit draining. You could take it all apart and upload pics of the board before you clean it with circuit board cleaner.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I use energizer batteries :)
And It's my fourth battery in 4 weeks.
So adding a new one will just depleet in 4 to 5 days again.
What I can do is use contact cleaner in the key and see what happens

where did you purchase them, and did you get a bunch of batteries at once?
How old are the batteries? Did you buy them last week, or 5 years ago?

Serious question, these things have a long shelf life, but, the longer they’re on the shelf, the shorter their service life will be. These things are very similar to batteries you use in... bluetooth meat thermometers, some red dot sights, possibly even the CMOS battery in your computer.

I’d get a new set, verify the date on the battery package.
lastly: your profile pic is a Jen Juan, but you’ve posted in the Jen Too forum - Jen Too truck remotes use 2 batteries, not one.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Serious question, these things have a long shelf life, but, the longer they’re on the shelf, the shorter their service life will be. These things are very similar to batteries you use in... bluetooth meat thermometers, some red dot sights, possibly even the CMOS battery in your computer.

lastly: your profile pic is a Jen Juan, but you’ve posted in the Jen Too forum - Jen Too truck remotes use 2 batteries, not one.
Problem solved

OP
OP
woutvc

woutvc

Reaction score

Bought them today and I did buy in several stores on several locations (pure coincidence).
They don't show the packaging or manufacturing date only a valid too date which is 09/2033.