Keeping the 3.5HO Last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian 6.2L

Reaction score
with out looking
had to be late November to early December as i had to wait for them to build it. it arrived the day i picked it up, Dec 7th, 2018

Cliffster

Reaction score
I have four 3.5 eco 11800-65000-69000-98000 Mi.None use any oil and no problems with engine or trany most tow more than they should.Change oil first at 1000 mi then 5000 mi there after always use motorcraft blend and motorcraft oil filter.

travis1978

Reaction score
I have 33,500 on mine. 17my. Only thing it had been in for is regular oil changes. Knock on wood no issues in the future. I just change it when truck tells me too. I love it.

dirtgod

Reaction score
‘17 with 30k not one single problem and it gets rode hard on AND off road...so fortunately for me all the concerns/complaints are fake news lol. I have lots of fun toys and this is the ONLY one my wife begs to take on her short business trips when there is any highway miles for her. The reasonably quick floating couch description above is spot on. I will get another in a few years for sure—and probably keep this one to boot because I love the AG color!

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't recall the oil guy that Adam Carolla had on his podcast a few years back, but he was really knowledgeable. Basically, short of full analysis each time, if the oil looks bad, it's usually bad. If it still looks good, it's usually still good.

I didn't see any real correlation between problems or premature wear and oil change frequency, so long as it wasn't over spec. when I researched the purchase this year.

You could put the time into almost anything and the money into warranty if you were worried. Do as you wish, of course. Just saying how I'm playing it.

I don't normally waste money on a warranty, but got the extended - just too many gadgets and gizmos.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
40K miles on my 2017 and no issues yet. Oil changed every 5K miles.