Johnny_bravo00, Checking in from Toronto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Man, really sorry to hear about the thefts. I’ve not had a vehicle stolen but other big ticket items, it’s a really ****** feeling even if it’s easily replaced. Hurts the ego a bit. Seems like car theft is extremely common in Canada?

Welcome to the site, tons of good info and people doing cool shit with Raptors. Enjoy the new ride when it arrives!

Thanks, yeah it sucks. I felt the sting more with the first truck getting stolen. When my raptor was stolen I was much more calm. Thefts in Canada have certainly risen the past few years. A quick little slap on the wrist and the criminals are back out doing what they love most, stealing my s***... lol.

Kayslay

Reaction score
I get it, and I assume there's a ton of trolls, tolling their way around FRF. I'm already over it, and I haven't even witnessed it on this site yet.

For real though, I dont think I can recover from another theft. I was planning on having a Ghost system installed on my last Raptor but never got around to it. Had a club, an Airtag, and keep my keys in a faraday box. None of which obviously helped. I was comp'd 100% of cost, but the new Gen-3.5 price jump stung a little.
Welcome to the forum. That’s rough with two losses so close together.
Seen lots of articles over recent years about the crazy amount of thefts in the GTA

Did the ford app or air tag help in locating your raptor at all? How do you think they got it with the club and all that

OP
OP
Johnny_bravo00
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That’s rough with two losses so close together.
Seen lots of articles over recent years about the crazy amount of thefts in the GTA

Did the ford app or air tag help in locating your raptor at all? How do you think they got it with the club and all that
Ford app and GPS is disabled directly around the corner from my house minutes after the truck was stolen. Calling ford is no help either. Im not sure why its so easy for them to disable it, but apparently it is.

My tracker, which I kept buried amoungst other things was found and tossed out the window around the corner from my house. I retrieved it the next morning using "find my". They have a device that tracks where your hidden gps devices are. That's why its important to use multiple. They might find some, but maybe miss another.

The club, they just cut the steering wheel and slide it off.

Thefts here are really out of hand. Even if you know where it is, odds are good that its in a CN shipping yard. Regional police, and OPP have no jurisdiction. Meaning, you can wave at your vehicle in a container go by-by. The utmost, most important thing is to keep the vehicle in your driveway. I can deal with a broken window, or dented door, or whatever. But once they're gone, they're gone.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score