In Production, Now Built "produced"!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with FP, Tommy told me my Raptor was built "produced" as of midnight last night 10AUG21.

To say I am excited is an understatement.

It's already paid for so I am merely waiting on arrival so I can drive it home.

I will now tell my dealer to put pressure on the Ford Rep to get it soonest...lol

Realistically, I'm probably still two weeks out due to shipping, so I'll temper expectations..
When did you settle the deal? When the build started?

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you settle the deal? When the build started?
Yes, when the VIN became available I haggled with them a bit to go right at MSRP "cash in hand." Oddly enough, they didn't accept right away, the sales rep called me back later and agreed.

I went ahead and paid them right away in full. I did not want it to be ripped out from under me for an unreasonable person willing to pay 5-10k ADM.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I shouldn't say "unreasonable" to each their own but I was not going to pay ADM.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when the VIN became available I haggled with them a bit to go right at MSRP "cash in hand." Oddly enough, they didn't accept right away, the sales rep called me back later and agreed.

I went ahead and paid them right away in full. I did not want it to be ripped out from under me for an unreasonable person willing to pay 5-10k ADM.
I have MSRP noted on my buy order. I do think I’m going to treat my trade in etc as a separate deal before the truck shows…. Just want to be sure my build date (next Monday) doesn’t move.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Guess I shouldn't say "unreasonable" to each their own but I was not going to pay ADM.
I used to say the same thing about MSRP, but these ******* found a way to rig it. I think it’ll stabilize one day, but **** me.

ADM on something that depreciates in value? Good one!

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to say the same thing about MSRP, but these ******* found a way to rig it. I think it’ll stabilize one day, but **** me.

ADM on something that depreciates in value? Good one!
well given the current climate and constant desire on Raptors not sure how accurate that depreciation statement is.
at least for now

Sephiroth

Reaction score
well given the current climate and constant desire on Raptors not sure how accurate that depreciation statement is.
at least for now
I think the only exception to this would be if you could find a way to write it off as an actual “asset” to where you can “financially depreciate” as a business expense. If you own a LLC, it’s something to consider.

But to your point, it would be interesting to see (with this new model, if the actual values hold.