IAG Air Oil Separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I have some thoughts on the IAG system…

Why hasn’t Ford or other makes implemented a system like this that is maintenance free like it says? I thought the reason catch cans don’t come on vehicles is that they require a lot of maintenance that most don’t know how to do. It seems like the foamy crap that collects in the catch can is not something you want pushed back into your engine. My understanding is the catch can collects water condensation as well from the air that is forced into the block. Wouldn’t collecting and discarding this crap be the best option?
The tubes/intake also build up water vapors as well, those get sucked into the motor via the factory hose routing. When the oil is up to temp it burns that excess water off.

Since the AOS has coolant running through it, the oil vapor is already very warm. So chances of any water burning off quicker is higher.

The only reason you see the water in the catch can setup is because it sits there waiting for someone to empty it.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have some thoughts on the IAG system…

Why hasn’t Ford or other makes implemented a system like this that is maintenance free like it says? I thought the reason catch cans don’t come on vehicles is that they require a lot of maintenance that most don’t know how to do. It seems like the foamy crap that collects in the catch can is not something you want pushed back into your engine. My understanding is the catch can collects water condensation as well from the air that is forced into the block. Wouldn’t collecting and discarding this crap be the best option?

Cost, plain and simple. The way the engine comes from ford, on the factory tune, they know the majority of them will last to the goal mileage. And making the engine last to the goal mileage has a budget, so that the end price of the vehicle can be on target. Always comes down to project budget really.