How many paid MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order 6/11 37package white no sunroof. florIda dealer want it 10k over msrp then took it to 5k. I called ford performance and told them I had fords all my life. Fking Brandon ford had to sell it for msrp now. They ask me for a 5k deposit though all documented so they can pull a last minute on me.
surprised to hear FP would get involved in something like that. did they call the dealer directly?

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at my dealership and my contract is wrote for MSRP. Course I know the current situations with these trucks and rarity as well as market ect I'm expected worse case to pay up to 5k$ markup if they decide to pull something. But I will fight for the MSRP as my contract states.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 35 that's probably still a month out, the dealers allocations were all gone for 37s. By accident I found a 37 locally yesterday at another dealer that's available. The dealer wanted 6K over and I came back at list. They met me at 2K. Still on the fence. I already sold my gen 2 so I'm paying for a car rental. Which will probably be 1K or so. I have to let him know this morning.

irojas

Reaction score
I ordered a 35 that's probably still a month out, the dealers allocations were all gone for 37s. By accident I found a 37 locally yesterday at another dealer that's available. The dealer wanted 6K over and I came back at list. They met me at 2K. Still on the fence. I already sold my gen 2 so I'm paying for a car rental. Which will probably be 1K or so. I have to let him know this morning.
If it is there for immediate delivery, I think it is a great deal! Where is it?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I hope you don’t get steamrolled. Anytime there is a meeting with the gm (I work at a dealership as a sales manager) is usually a formal way to break bad news or offer another vehicle aka 35” pkg. If it was good news I feel they would have told you over the phone to save face. Hope everything goes good but also be prepared for bad news. Remember they can make up 100 excuses to back out of the deal on there end (owner bought it, demo, promised to the owners best friend etc etc etc ) unfortunately they will have the upper hand I’m so sorry to say. I have had to break news like this on some very sought over 911 orders per my owner due to other buyers paying 20-35k over asking to take delivery. Cash is king you are just a number. I hope you get your truck

If you’re willing to take an order, and then are told to go back on it, you have a choice to either go back on your ‘word’ or don’t. The consequences of the choice may weigh on your decision, but it’s still a choice to go back on a deal.

Dealership I had a 37 package with for 5k over msrp pulled the rug from under me and sold it. If anyone knows a dealer with a stock order 37 package 5k over, let me know. I wanna trade in my 4runner now due to the trade in value than wait
Name the dishonorable scumbags please.

I work at my dealership and my contract is wrote for MSRP. Course I know the current situations with these trucks and rarity as well as market ect I'm expected worse case to pay up to 5k$ markup if they decide to pull something. But I will fight for the MSRP as my contract states.
a written agreement gives you at least a little more ability to negotiate. In some states, you can successfully sue for quite a lot on what the state considers a ‘bait and switch’ sale attempt. If no written agreement, a recording of the negotiations would also suffice. This varies by state but if available to you, it would be so worth it.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
you work at the dealership and they still just gave you msrp. wow that sucks