Houston.... we have a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I have been on a long road trip about 6k ish miles so far. Along the trip I have developed a cam rattle. It started getting louder and sounded worse at idle. Then I begin having trouble starting. Then I was driving today and gave it a little bit more beans to pass and it started running real rough and died. Now it's will start but runs sooooo rough. Code is P0365, camshaft position sensor B circuit. So I changed the sensors and no change. I'm pretty sure it something major now. I feel that the cam phasers could be toast.
Any thoughts?
Also any shops in SoCal, around Redondo Beach? I would cost so much to have that towed back to Texas so I might as well have it fixed here.
Thanks guys

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have acquired a rental car to finish up some work my wife needs to do. So would be nice to find somewhere that can help me out. I have around 10-12 days. I know that short notice but if it's a reputable shop I would be willing to leave it and fly back when done.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a phaseer is bad, the chain is stretched , or it jumped time. Hopefully not enough to score the piston with the valve. Assuming its the former, its a 2-3 day timing job and you should be gtg. Sorry to hear man!