Help with DRL - Parking Lights only Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your forscan settings are probably right - you have to go into the setting on the cluster and find the DRL and turn it to OFF. This should turn the headlights OFF but leave the halos and the 3 grill lights on.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Your forscan settings are probably right - you have to go into the setting on the cluster and find the DRL and turn it to OFF. This should turn the headlights OFF but leave the halos and the 3 grill lights on.
Let's hope so. I'll turn them off in the cluster here in 30 minutes and will find out. I tried to load the factory AB and it said unable to connect to server even though I was definitely connected to the internet and sites, etc. were working. Edit: I just downloaded it from motorcraftservice.com, in case I need it.

In any case I hope disabling DRL in cluster gets it done.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Update: no dice. DRL=OFF in cluster, no lights at all. DRL=ON in cluster is parking lights + top headlight (low beam). Confirmed on the drive today, truck in gear, autolamps on.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
  1. Auto Start/Stop Disable - by disabling BMS (Battery Management System) - worked
  2. DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only) - failed, also activates low beams
  3. Secure Idle enable - worked
  4. Turn Signal Flashes (3 to 5) - worked

Above are the only changes I made, pretty happy with 3 of 4 changes working flawlessly as these are the ones I really wanted. I actually like the double-honk because it lets me know if the ignition is ON, doesn't have to be running. I'm hopeful that I can get the DRLs working like I want them to but if not, not too big of a deal. It would be nice if enabled=parking lights only and disabled=nothing, toggleable in cluster, but there seems to be some questions about that functionality.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Alright I think that was the setting that the friendly-name UI (nonAB selection) made, because the AB was 726-50-01 108E, and I think I manually changed it to 018E prior to changing it again in the UI. However, I will try that this weekend. If that does not work, I will restore the AB I downloaded from Ford, then start over with manually editing rather than rely on the friendly-name UI. Thank you for the continued suggestions.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right, On your screenshots posted earlier that value is wrong. You had (017F) So wasnt sure what you have there at the moment.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what you want on my truck (2018), but I also have the turn signals. Try this and see it turns off the low lamps:

726-45-01 xxxx 7FXX xxxx This enables all DRL choices
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx This includes the parking lamps
726-50-01 08xx This make the DRL the turn signals (plus the parking lights you added with the other code)

The brightness thing doesn't do anything, change it back to stock.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Right, On your screenshots posted earlier that value is wrong. You had (017F) So wasnt sure what you have there at the moment.
Is currently 017F! I'll change this and report back.