GEN 2 Help me get this straight please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude don’t sell your 19’ factory beadlocks... they are like gold. They will sell in a instant (for a reason) and you will be left with just your aftermarket wheels. Effectively reducing your resale value and resale market.

Ever since this post yesterday I've been looking at it completely differently..... Every time I look at my truck I like the wheels more and more and I am actually second guessing the wheels I ordered. It will change the entire look of the truck and I'm not sure I want to. This may just be the first vehicle I've ever had that looks great in stock form. I definitely have to do a leveling kit, tint the windows and do some fog lights but I really don't think I want to change anything else. BIG TIME BALLER - Congratulations, you've gotten into my head!

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
The factory bead locks are nice, if you hate the color just get them powder coated. If I ordered my raptor I would have added them but such is life.
Also I don’t get the big need for a leveling kit, I like the rake.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny because I picked this truck out of three available performance blue's. They all had the 802A but this was the only one with the bead locks and moon roof. The wheels weren't really growing on me until yesterday and now I love them. It's weird how quickly a different viewpoint can change something. As far as a leveling kit, I am not a fan of the rake at all. I get the point of it but doesn't mean I like the look. I will actually use my raptor as a truck from time to time so level it out and air bags in the back to account for squat is the direction I'm going.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a leveling kit. If you want to level it out, they aren't known for durability.

I'd recommend drop shackles in the rear. There are also adjustable perch collar rings for the front shocks of the Gen 2, but they seem questionable to me. You can adjust the perch on the Gen 1 stocks by relocating a snap ring, but these new collar rings just hold with friction.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a leveling kit. If you want to level it out, they aren't known for durability.

I'd recommend drop shackles in the rear. There are also adjustable perch collar rings for the front shocks of the Gen 2, but they seem questionable to me. You can adjust the perch on the Gen 1 stocks by relocating a snap ring, but these new collar rings just hold with friction.

I’m starting to see that the more I research. Thanks for pointing it out. One of the main reasons I traded in my lifted truck is because it was lifted. I loved it but hated it at the same time only because it was in my head that I couldn’t really push it off-road. I may not level it at all. This truck has thrown me for a loop for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

muhockey2003

Reaction score
How much are you selling the wheels for? Ill buy them. I have an 18 Raptor..not sure they will fit but always wanted beadlock.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point I don’t think I’m selling them. I was going one direction with it (wheels/tires, leveling kit), but the more I look at it and drive it, the more I love it. I’m starting to see that a stock raptor IS really that good. There isn’t really a need for things like there was on my other trucks. This thing just kicks ass on and off road. The factory bead locks are definitely strong and capable for off road use. The leveling kit will change the dynamics of the suspension and the handling. As of right now, the wheels are staying with me. Sorry guys.

drdjin

Reaction score
At this point I don’t think I’m selling them. I was going one direction with it (wheels/tires, leveling kit), but the more I look at it and drive it, the more I love it. I’m starting to see that a stock raptor IS really that good. There isn’t really a need for things like there was on my other trucks. This thing just kicks ass on and off road. The factory bead locks are definitely strong and capable for off road use. The leveling kit will change the dynamics of the suspension and the handling. As of right now, the wheels are staying with me. Sorry guys.

IMHO, the only thing the stock raptor need is more power, and definitely more power. Some personalizing is also a must, but focus, on power. If you don't believe me, take the free Raptor Challenge that comes with your Raptor purchase (if still available). You get to test out Raptors in the middle of Utah national parks running in Baja mode.... You will learn how capable your truck is, and any messing with this monster goodness might only diminish the reason we all purchased a raptor in the first place... (which is simply to have fun).. BTW, which half-ton truck do you know can do 0-60 in 5.8 sec's? Enjoy your truck my friend.