Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit. View attachment 394178View attachment 394179
Lucky! My eBay unit sold as “new” had scratches directly over the temp dials screen… considering the early troubles I bailed on the temp dials and went for the full bgg kit with plain dial hvac.

Where is everyone getting the new steering wheel bolt from? Just walking into their local ford? I ordered one online and hasn’t shipped despite being in stock.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Where is everyone getting the new steering wheel bolt from? Just walking into their local ford? I ordered one online and hasn’t shipped despite being in stock.
Despite the official guidance in Ford documentation stating that it should not be reused, I have an anonymous but highly reliable source from inside Ford (well above dealer maintenance level) who states that they frequently reuse these bolts. He said he wouldn’t think twice about reusing it. Take it for what it’s worth.

Chop96

Reaction score

In case you don't want to re-use the bolt, easiest place is likely local dealer. P/n W721079 S437 is a pack of 4 for $13.50. I haven't decided whether I'm going to use one of these four bolts or just use locktite on the old one. Since I have em, prob going to use one.
:cheers:

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. My dealer can’t get the HVAC module to take a program. They ordered the digital and non digital readout. I’d like to use the one with digital readout. For whatever reason it will not program. Not sure if they are missing something.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. My dealer can’t get the HVAC module to take a program. They ordered the digital and non digital readout. I’d like to use the one with digital readout. For whatever reason it will not program. Not sure if they are missing something.
Same problem for me.

Latest suggestions in this thread:

1- use latest Forscan test version (2.3.51) - email Forscan dev to get access
2- update new hvac module with fdrs prior to programming with Forscan
3- give up and use non digital readout version

I intend to solve this by the end of the week. I’ll post an update here once I have more information.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem for me.

Latest suggestions in this thread:

1- use latest Forscan test version (2.3.51) - email Forscan dev to get access
2- update new hvac module with fdrs prior to programming with Forscan
3- give up and use non digital readout version

I intend to solve this by the end of the week. I’ll post an update here once I have more information.
Sounds good. My non-digital readout won’t program either, so something is definitely going on.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See post #154. Seems @Wichadicha got it to work. May want to hit him up directly and compare processes.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are connected offline. Any forscan pro's know if I can just email my HVAC and SCCM module file for him to upload on his end?