Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be knocking out the heated wheel project tonight. Have the Goose kit (no HVAC control Kit) and I bought the HAVC digital controls separately so hopefully I can break the theory that the digital dials wont for 23 Raptors??? If not, Ill put the original HVAC controls back in and just activate the Sync screen heat button.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be knocking out the heated wheel project tonight. Have the Goose kit (no HVAC control Kit) and I bought the HAVC digital controls separately so hopefully I can break the theory that the digital dials wont for 23 Raptors??? If not, Ill put the original HVAC controls back in and just activate the Sync screen heat button.
Keep us posted

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit. IMG_1190.jpegIMG_1195.jpeg

berto2323

Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit. View attachment 394178View attachment 394179
SWEET!!! I have the same parts, BGG SCCM and hvac module with temp display from eBay (purchased as new, looks new). Just need the truck to put it in...lol
I believe you are the 1st to get this combo working on a 23 Raptor? Looking forward to seeing what changes you made while programming it. Congrats!

Last edited:

MZRaptor

Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit. View attachment 394178View attachment 394179
This is awesome. I wish someone could explain why my digital temp HVAC wouldn’t accept programming but yours did? I’d love to get this working as I like the digital temp readout version better.

FWIW I did try this with the exact same parts as you. SCCM from BGGD. Digital HVAC PN ML3Z-19980-K (ML3T-18C612-DE). OBDLink EX and latest version of ForScan.

fourfourty

Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit.
I was first on a 23 :cool:.

Great to hear though. My install also went very smooth, except having to figure out that I needed to reset the HVAC module after programming.
This is awesome. I wish someone could explain why my digital temp HVAC wouldn’t accept programming but yours did? I’d love to get this working as I like the digital temp readout version better.

FWIW I did try this with the exact same parts as you. SCCM from BGGD. Digital HVAC PN ML3Z-19980-K (ML3T-18C612-DE). OBDLink EX and latest version of ForScan.

MZ- Been thinking on this, and had a couple thoughts that may, or may not, help.
1- What year is your truck? Is it a '23? If so, what version of Forscan? I had trouble getting version v.2.3.50 to work properly on my 23. I had to contact forscan for help, and they got me a test version of 2.3.51. That got me off and running.
2- Did you have previous forscan changes in the HVAC module? If so, did you try programming from the previously modified backup, or the backup from before any changes were made? I have had sporadic instances in the past where writing previously modified files would have trouble loading in a new module. I would go back to the factory as-builts and it would work fine. Not sure why.....
3- I thought maybe you had an older version of the module that wouldnt work for some weird reason, but I checked the part number on mine, and it is the same superceded part number as yours (ML3Z-19980-K).

MZRaptor

Reaction score
1- What year is your truck? Is it a '23? If so, what version of Forscan? I had trouble getting version v.2.3.50 to work properly on my 23. I had to contact forscan for help, and they got me a test version of 2.3.51. That got me off and running.
23, 3.5L. 2.3.50. ForScan saw my truck and I was able to program the SCCM no problem. It sees the HVAC, but fails with an error when I try to write. I’ll email the developer and see if I can get the test version - it seems like those of you who got this to work all used that. That may just be it.

2- Did you have previous forscan changes in the HVAC module? If so, did you try programming from the previously modified backup, or the backup from before any changes were made? I have had sporadic instances in the past where writing previously modified files would have trouble loading in a new module. I would go back to the factory as-builts and it would work fine. Not sure why.....
No modification. HVAC was factory as-built. No modifications.

3- I thought maybe you had an older version of the module that wouldnt work for some weird reason, but I checked the part number on mine, and it is the same superceded part number as yours (ML3Z-19980-K).
Thanks for checking.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the heating wheel is going back into production?

I was told by March ‍♂️