Headlight removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Does anyone have a short guide on removing headlights? I need to replace my passenger side headlight. Got a slight spider crack in it from hooning around with some buddies and it's starting to have serious fogging issues. I figure I would need to take the wheel off and do some things under the wheel well liner, but this is just a guess. Thanks everyone!

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think you'd have to remove the ADD, and in fact, having it may make the process easier. Remove the grill and the painted trim piece above the bumper and look for bolts holding the headlight in. Likely have to pull back the front most section of the flare too.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No buddies close by to lend a hand?
Sadly no. I have lived here for almost 3 years after getting out of the Navy, but refuse to pay VA prices so I live in WV far from my companies HQ, so my work buddies are a decent drive out. Well, at least just enough away that I would feel bad making them drive over an hour to help me with stuff lol.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think you'd have to remove the ADD, and in fact, having it may make the process easier. Remove the grill and the painted trim piece above the bumper and look for bolts holding the headlight in. Likely have to pull back the front most section of the flare too.
I know I can remove that trim piece super easily nice done it tons of times to get the bumper alignment just right. Hopefully that’s all I need to do to expose the mounts for the light.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Sadly no. I have lived here for almost 3 years after getting out of the Navy, but refuse to pay VA prices so I live in WV far from my companies HQ, so my work buddies are a decent drive out. Well, at least just enough away that I would feel bad making them drive over an hour to help me with stuff lol.
For beer and pizza you’d be surprised what folks will do to help a fellow Vet out