Headed to Baja with EXO in my 22 (35” tires) which suspension MODS are needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8-19SC

Reaction score
My 22 is completely stock, will be adding weight to the bed for recovery gear.
Thoughts on mods to keep things relatively safe for the trip?

Thanks in advance.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah rear bumps. I’m planning on them as I’ve already kissed the stock ones a few times and that was with an empty bed. These gen 3 rear springs get pretty soft after some heavier hauls.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of stock Gen 3’s do Baja with Exo. Bump stops are nice to have.

If you’re adding a second spare and a jack, I’d get HD rear springs.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Does that mean geiser or eibach?
With 500lbs you’ll definitely want different springs in the rear

I did eibach hd in the rear, it adds 2.5” to the height. Stock springs up front. I run a second spare, a badlands jack, shovel, traction boards, a 17” Blackstone griddle, a Roam case, a couple of chairs, and even an umbrella (don’t make fun of me, it gets hot in Utah and the Arizona Strip). There is still an inch to inch and half rake. I think geisers are rated for more weight.

Once you add the springs don’t forget to reset your live valve settings.

You’ll have a ton of fun in Baja with the Exo crew. They know how to do Baja

Not the best picture but this is how it sits with all the weight and eibach hd rear springsIMG_1463.jpeg

Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Does that mean geiser or eibach?
I used every rear spring available before going midtravel. Both eibach offerings ride like stock even without weight in the bed in my opinion. You’ll want eibach hd’s or geisers. I have a set of eibach hd’s if you go that route. $200 + shipping. If you’re in socal I’ll help you swap them for free.

OP
OP
G

Gr8-19SC

Reaction score
With 500lbs you’ll definitely want different springs in the rear

I did eibach hd in the rear, it adds 2.5” to the height. Stock springs up front. I run a second spare, a badlands jack, shovel, traction boards, a 17” Blackstone griddle, a Roam case, a couple of chairs, and even an umbrella (don’t make fun of me, it gets hot in Utah and the Arizona Strip). There is still an inch to inch and half rake. I think geisers are rated for more weight.

Once you add the springs don’t forget to reset your live valve settings.

You’ll have a ton of fun in Baja with the Exo crew. They know how to do Baja

Not the best picture but this is how it sits with all the weight and eibach hd rear springsView attachment 467426
Thanks for the info! I remeber how hot the desert sun can get down there...
So when you pull all that weight out it must be rack fwd like heck?

OP
OP
G

Gr8-19SC

Reaction score
I used every rear spring available before going midtravel. Both eibach offerings ride like stock even without weight in the bed in my opinion. You’ll want eibach hd’s or geisers. I have a set of eibach hd’s if you go that route. $200 + shipping. If you’re in socal I’ll help you swap them for free.
I moved from so cal im in Wisconsin did you do eibach all around ?