harnesses bar question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey why a harness bar is unsafe without a roll cage?

the roll cage itself is very expensive around $30K

what do you think about that?

Attachments

• rap.jpg
    rap.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 287

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$30k for a rollcage?! you gotta be nuts lol

I just did a 10 point rollcage in my HD truck, all chromoly, NHRA certified to 8.50's in the 1/4, swingouts, carbon fiber covers, window net, etc. all fabbed by one of THE best in the business, and it ran $6k. A 6 point roll bar runs 2-3k. $30k you should be getting a full tube chassis!

OP
OP
K

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dollars I m not Mexican, I use dollar

$30K Pesos?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Knowledge of any bolts on kit rollcage for the raptor?
$30k for a rollcage?! you gotta be nuts lol

I just did a 10 point rollcage in my HD truck, all chromoly, NHRA certified to 8.50's in the 1/4, swingouts, carbon fiber covers, window net, etc. all fabbed by one of THE best in the business, and it ran $6k. A 6 point roll bar runs 2-3k. $30k you should be getting a full tube chassis!

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only joking about the Peso comment because no way in hell would a roll cage cost $30,000 "Dollars"

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a slick looking setup for sure. I'm thinking that the seats and harnesses were included in the deal.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do not get a harness bar without doing a full cage or at least a roll bar. What happens when you role and are strapped in with 6 points? The roof collapses, you can't move, and you are done. With stock belts, you at least have the ability to "move" and may not be done. Check out any road racing forum if you want more details. My track car has 6 points and a cage and there is no way in hell you would see me on the track with 6 points and no cage. That is just my two cents so take it for what it's worth.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do not get a harness bar without doing a full cage or at least a roll bar. What happens when you role and are strapped in with 6 points? The roof collapses, you can't move, and you are done. With stock belts, you at least have the ability to "move" and may not be done. Check out any road racing forum if you want more details. My track car has 6 points and a cage and there is no way in hell you would see me on the track with 6 points and no cage. That is just my two cents so take it for what it's worth.

Look at photos of f-150's of this body style that have rolled. The roof isn't just a tin can structure that crumples right in, they actually fair pretty well. If you get into an accident at high enough speeds, you're not going to have any time to react and "move" around to avoid a roof collapsing in, it'll all be done and overwith before you even know what happened. A harness bar and a 5/6 point harness isn't a bad thing to do without a rollcage. Especially for light wheeling/romping around off road where you want something to hold you in a bit more than the stock belt that doesn't sinch down.

Of course if you're going to the extreme and making a high speed baja desert racer out of it, it's in your best interest to upgrade everything safety wise accordingly.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$30k USD is overpriced.

I have seen an S197 flip over 12 times at a speed of 120mph..3pt stock seatbelt only. Guy lived. The roof did not collapse in and crush him. I have also seen a 2010 Mustang flip on its roof, the ****** bolt in cage punch through the floor of the car and the roof entirely collapse leaving the car now a convertible (footpads were not big enough nor probably installed correctly). The last one is the why you want a cage instead of a harness bar. They both lived, but that is besides the point. The argument is that if you land on the roof, it'll crush flat. If your seat cannot collapse backwards causing you to lie down in the car, you'll crush your head, neck, spine ect.