Guys with icons ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine at the softest setting up front and it was amazing 2 weeks ago. Run had pretty much any terrain you'd see and the front just ate it up. I had to play with the rear since I had a lot of weight with my outboard tiregate and 2nd spare near the rear. I don't see why you'd want it any firmer but that's just me.

he is asking for a solution the set the front at a softer ride not stiffer setting on the front only.

right OP

from what i have read the springs are the issue

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is extremely soft in the front on S. I am above top perch with the preload and no sway bar. When offroad I usually bump it up to 3-5.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What tires / wheels are you running and what psi? What is the measurement from the center of your hub to the lip of your fender flare?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you running the RPG bumps at 90psi? I thought 200psi is the default setting.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fred at 200 psi, there is too much force for a mostly empty bed and it kicks the rear down to fast. Making the rear jump up. Talking with fox they came to 90 psi as a good setting for the bumps.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fred at 200 psi, there is too much force for a mostly empty bed and it kicks the rear down to fast. Making the rear jump up. Talking with fox they came to 90 psi as a good setting for the bumps.

That is good to know. As I was told not to mess with the pressure in the bumps. Thanks for the update...

One more question, is there any reason to use nitrogen vs. air in the bumps?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use nitrogen and only nitrogen. Standard shop air expands with heat and pressure inside will increase during use. Nitrogen does not expand or contract at atmospheric pressures so the psi inside the bump will remain constant under use.

You can adjust the bumps. Do not adjust the pressure in the reservoirs above or below 200.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use nitrogen and only nitrogen. Standard shop air expands with heat and pressure inside will increase during use. Nitrogen does not expand or contract at atmospheric pressures so the psi inside the bump will remain constant under use.

You can adjust the bumps. Do not adjust the pressure in the reservoirs above or below 200.

Thanks Huck...I really appreciate the help...