Guess I'm waiting for awhile..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can easily see that happening.

I have paid off my house. One of the flags on my credit report is that I do not have enough installment type loans.

I financed my last Raptor for 4 years, I paid it off in 3.5 to help keep my credit score high. The month after paying it off, my credit score dropped 50 points, I'm just above 800 now.

I have very little debt, basically what I charge on my credit card each month. I have plenty in the bank and invested. I have an excellent credit rating, but it will likely drop from excellent to very good since I do not have any loans.

It's a little backwards that if you do pay off what you owe, you credit risk goes up.
I am at a 842 from the letter I just got from co-signing on my daughter's student loans. How do I keep it so high? I use the hell out of my credit cards. I put everything on credit then pay it off that month. Then I enjoy a ton of free $$$ at the Harley dealership from my H-D visa, and airline miles from my AA Mastercard, and cash back from others. Really the only way to keep a high credit score is to use credit. It does seem counter-intuitive. Also, there isn't anything that you qualify for at an 846 that you wouldn't at an 815 or so. At some point, you hit the highest tier.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the more this guy talks the more it sounds like he's got a poor person's idea of what a "rich person" is. I've watched guys like this learn to keep their mouths shut on Rennlist (Porsche forum) because they'll randomly come in bragging about their $75k car to relatively humble guys that can drop $250k on a new GT series car every year.
Exactly, the worst customers I had when I was at Porsche were the guys buying out of their league to get into something with the crest on it, then couldn't afford to service it. Meanwhile so many of my customers that were awesome to deal with could stroke a pen and buy anything on the lot outright... but you know what... they still financed their cars, cause unlike this dipsh$t they knew how to make money with money.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at a 842 from the letter I just got from co-signing on my daughter's student loans. How do I keep it so high? I use the hell out of my credit cards. I put everything on credit then pay it off that month. Then I enjoy a ton of free $$$ at the Harley dealership from my H-D visa, and airline miles from my AA Mastercard, and cash back from others. Really the only way to keep a high credit score is to use credit. It does seem counter-intuitive. Also, there isn't anything that you qualify for at an 846 that you wouldn't at an 815 or so. At some point, you hit the highest tier.
better watch out Ganooch, Baylordouche gonna come at you for not paying in cash for everything, you gonna end the world :eek:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
annnnd .... back to the thread.... maybe I got lucky but it only took me 5 phone calls to find an MSRP dealer the way I see this is:
#1 - you still want a 2021 Raptor and are just now trying to get one then your 99% paying ADM
#2 - do the leg work, send a message to the 8-10 dealers within driving distance (all the websites have an email contact) when they call you back say your interested in a 2022 Raptor at MSRP (or better, why not) find the dealer and then place the very day the system opens it up. Get the agreement is writing... my sales order had a "Price of Unit" on the salesforce that we both signed

Good Luck!

Thanks for trying to keep this thread on track.

Members Please Note:

Next person that rags on someone else because they finance or pay cash is gonna get the boot.

Thank you for your cooperation.

OP
OP
M

medallion59

Reaction score

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the trucks I am following shows a 9/16 date to the Memphis area.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
M

medallion59

Reaction score
I did find an dealer that I would pay MSRP if I order and offered to phone me if their pre-ordered arrived and buyer walked away. Good to know I can save the 20K and all I have to do is wait a little longer. Even is today's crap chaos markets.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL.. yeah these are the kind of ridiculous statements that really encourage people to do bad things.

1. Finding a 1.99% interest rate on an $80k purchase will not be found by everyone. People who find those rates will have to have >790 FICOs which only means that those people have been gassed to death by paying interest for years on things that they couldn't afford. This is not a path to wealth.

2. It's a misnomer, and one given often by broke people, that they'll make "so much more money" in the market and this is why they choose to finance. Look, if you have $80k to invest, I also hope you have $80k to buy this truck in cash and then you have the best of both worlds. You'll receive long-term gains and future value towards your retirement, and you won't get into issues with your income ratios. If you can't buy this truck in cash, you simply cannot afford it. If you must finance, the only rule I go by is from "the money guys" they are a little more lenient than Dave Ramsey, so I'd encourage you to watch their take and model.

3. No wealthy person finances their $80k toy. Broke people do all the time, for sure. People wanting to keep up with the Jones.
My credit score is 829. I’m 35, only debt is my house. Have a net worth of over 550k. Max out my 401k since I was 32. That being said, I’m sure I’m one of the Poors on here. According to you I can’t afford my truck, but I will be putting over 30k down on it and my DTI will be less than 20% after I get my loan.

I don’t say this to brag because like I said earlier. I’m sure I’m one of the lower income people on here, but then you have dude like you who think that unless you have 25 million in the bank with zero debt you can’t enjoy life and buy something nice. Who care about accumulating so much wealth you can’t spend it all.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My credit score is 829. I’m 35, only debt is my house. Have a net worth of over 550k. Max out my 401k since I was 32. That being said, I’m sure I’m one of the Poors on here. According to you I can’t afford my truck, but I will be putting over 30k down on it and my DTI will be less than 20% after I get my loan.

I don’t say this to brag because like I said earlier. I’m sure I’m one of the lower income people on here, but then you have dude like you who think that unless you have 25 million in the bank with zero debt you can’t enjoy life and buy something nice. Who care about accumulating so much wealth you can’t spend it all.
Either you don't know what net worth means, or your numbers are off. But yes, you are correct, if you are not paying for the vehicle in cash then you cannot afford it. If you're making a truthful statement about networth, and you've only been maxing out your 401k for the past 3 years something doesn't add up if you're taking out a loan for $40k+. I'd encourage you not to do so as you're obviously on the right path.

And it's not bragging, you've just made wise decisions to date. I'm a year younger than you though and my networth is 4x yours, but it doesn't mean that what you've done isn't impressive. Much props to you, but you should keep on the right trajectory and pay cash and put that monthly payment you would have been making into mutual funds.