Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most headed outside a certain radius from the plant end up on rail. I would suspect by looking at the progress in shipping status it will get a rail assignment to meet the dates listed.

I am not speaking from an indepth knowledge of the process, just what I have picked up on the forum. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of the process can interupt better than I. But its not the first time over the last two days I have seen the 11/10 shipping date show up. Good news especially after all the TBDs appeared.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll contact ford service tomorrow and update you guys as soon as I hear something!!! THANKS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this bodes well for me with week also. #2 order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2? I'm number 1 order and number 2 got nudged in front of me by Ford. Thanks ford! Ordered crew cab on 7/21. Been clean for almost 6 weeks.
Still not scheduled.
Having fun with the 350R so no big deal.

Attachments

• 20161110_135941.jpg
    20161110_135941.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

colt.smithson

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I am the third raptor order at my dealership in Texas to be placed. Order got physically placed today rather than just being a name on a piece of paper. I know the guy who is in the #2 spot and he still doesn't have a VIN. This is a moderate sized dealership btw. I believe 7-9 allocations total. Also I did get told I could NOT order it with carbon fiber as that option was not available at the current time.

Last edited:

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#2? I'm number 1 order and number 2 got nudged in front of me by Ford. Thanks ford! Ordered crew cab on 7/21. Been clean for almost 6 weeks.
Still not scheduled.
Having fun with the 350R so no big deal.

Where did you order from?

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a smaller dealer outside Des Moines. They have 3 allocations.

I was #2 of 2 orders placed at my dealership. #1 was my salesman's friend. I got bumped in front of him and built first. It's kind of random, but I'm sure has something to do with what options you chose.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was #2 of 2 orders placed at my dealership. #1 was my salesman's friend. I got bumped in front of him and built first. It's kind of random, but I'm sure has something to do with what options you chose.

It should be first come first serve, just like any other kind of business would do.

I get that there may be parts missing from a particular build and that another form may need to be built and mine skipped,
I own my own business and whoever is in line first gets theirs made first. If I'm out of some tooling I make the other persons and then when I get the tooling I go back and make the one that I had to skip. I don't grab a guy further down the line with the same exact build as mine and say oh, I'll make yours next , when. he just ordered and I've been waiting 5 months. That's a bad business practice and ****** customers off.

Allocation? That's dumb, just make the things first come first serve. Ford doesn't get it. I'd be happy to wait my turn if I ordered 2 months ago or whatever but the fact is, there wasn't but maybe 1k max...maybe 500, that were ordered before mine. Haha... its all good, in fact I'm about ready to ask that I don't get it until the salt is off the roads. Save 1 winter from it.

Last edited:

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be first come first serve, just like any other kind of business would do.

Allocation? That's dumb, just make the things first come first serve. Ford doesn't get it.

I agree somewhat. I like order and waiting your turn. Unfortunately if you're not from California, you've got no idea the number of ****** bags here with more money than they know what to do with. In a simple system honoring whoever ordered first you'd see ******** here ordering 2, 3, or more raptors; multiply by endless number of silicon valley hipsters, and you can see how this would quickly get out of control. Ford would be forced to get those all filled before a regular Joe in MO, LA, VA, NY, etc. Looking at the bigger picture I don't think a strict honoring of the sequential order number would be fair.