Gooseneck towing....suspension thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw a white raptor 2011 or 2012, no graphics, Screw pulling a gooseneck stock trailer east bound on HWY 412 just west of Port of Catoosa in OK. The trailer looked empty and trailer was probably a 16-18 ft red in color.

So yeah its been done. I was going east bound and didn't grab my camera in time hehe

OP
OP
M

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG Stage 2 with 4" bumpstops and a modified B&W Top plate to replace the RPG cross brace. :)

This was exactly what I was looking at doing. Not going to tow 20000lbs. Trailer is about 4k, and a car is about 4k. Already checked and trailer wont hit cab. Not going to tow more than 1 or two days a year....or maybe just some small backroad stuff around the farm. Probably wont get this done until the spring, but I will post results when I do.

gt40pilot

Reaction score
I pull a 27' Toy Hauler (6500lbs) with my screw no problem. I went with the Firestone 2525 airbag setup & Daystar cradles. I moved the upper airbag bracket up another 1 1/4" so I wouldn't limit my suspension uptravel. I run 25psi when towing & 5psi without the trailer. I ran out of patience waiting for a vender to develop a long travel setup that didn't require rebuilding the whole ass end. The setup works well for me.

Dorr Raptor

Reaction score
Raptor and 5th wheels

Why are 5th wheels not compatible with the Raptor? Is anyone towing a 5th wheel with their Raptor?

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can make the gooseneck work you should be fine. The Screw's towing capacity is 8000 lbs anyway. The scab is only 5000. This' one of the main reason's I got a Screw.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a raptor with goose neck carrying cows, rear suspension with leafs where full compressed, looks ugly
It was in my country, panama

A friend blew the stocks fox carrying an atv on the bed and towing a utv. Tranny temp went pretty HI too

Last edited:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are 5th wheels not compatible with the Raptor? Is anyone towing a 5th wheel with their Raptor?

Aside from the suspension issues & the fact that Ford didnt design the Raptor for towing, the 5.5 bed limits turning radius. You can smash the trailer into the cab when backing or making tight manuevers.
Yes, there are people towing 5th wheels and goosenecks with Raptors, but that doesnt make it a good idea. If something bad happens and people get hurt the owner of the truck gets sued. When their money runs out, then Ford gets sued & eventually Ford decides that it isnt worth the trouble to build cool things like the Raptor.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh hate the idea of people sueing the motors companies. Is your responsibility, not from the motor company.