Good price but a weird issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrismoon

Reaction score
Hey all, first post on this forum. I know it should be a picture of my 2019 but I will have to do that later.

I found this listing near me and ive been looking to add a roush/hennesy/shelby gen 1 to the collection for a while.

40k miles on a shelby gen 1 for a good price.

Talked to dealer and asked for pics under the hood because there was none on carfax which i thought was weird. It has a roush supercharger and intake...

Shelbys that year came stock with a whipple, so im guessing previous owner blew out the whipple?

Nothing really on the carfax so wanted to get some opinions, ive been eager to get my hands on one of these for a good price but cant be stupid about it

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...that year had the Whipple for Shelby and the Roush SC for the Roush model..so id look into that with the dealer..no inside photos either is weird..
Id ask for invoice from Shelby to see what they actually did because the $120k they are claiming seems way off.
I have the 2014 Shelby and their Whipple performance package (intake,sc,exhaust,graphics,seat) was $22k putting price closer to $80k,not $120...only thing im seeing different on this one is the hard cover on back.

OP
OP
C

chrismoon

Reaction score
Yes...that year had the Whipple for Shelby and the Roush SC for the Roush model..so id look into that with the dealer..no inside photos either is weird..
Id ask for invoice from Shelby to see what they actually did because the $120k they are claiming seems way off.
I have the 2014 Shelby and their Whipple performance package (intake,sc,exhaust,graphics,seat) was $22k putting price closer to $80k,not $120...only thing im seeing different on this one is the hard cover on back.
Heres a link to a video of the inside and startup the dealer sent me. everything looks fine on the inside other then being dirty.

Curious as to what having the roush sc setup does to the resell value.

Would also be curious if the gauges still work fine with the roush sc in there.

beautiful truck btw!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, something is funky about this.
As far as I know Shelby never used a Roush/Eaton Supercharger, I mean it's Shelby's competition for goodness' sake.
It's all Whipple heat exchanger with fans and pump.
It's got the badge with numbers on the dash, if you can get the Vin# and/or badge#, call Shelby for info.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you ordered the Baja suspension package, lights and the Whipple, it was up there at $120K

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ordered the Baja suspension package, lights and the Whipple, it was up there at $120K
100% correct..I drove one with sticker of $117k....but up in that price range they had Chase Racks,Bumpers..the whole 9 yards....never liked the crazy bumpers and chase racks and glad i went with the boring stock 596hp one..instead of all show and no go..went for all go and and boring stock
This one is a mystery,will be interesting to see what Chrismoon finds out..

OP
OP
C

chrismoon

Reaction score
Yeah, something is funky about this.
As far as I know Shelby never used a Roush/Eaton Supercharger, I mean it's Shelby's competition for goodness' sake.
It's all Whipple heat exchanger with fans and pump.
It's got the badge with numbers on the dash, if you can get the Vin# and/or badge#, call Shelby for info.
Thanks will do, when I asked the dealer if he asked previous owner how many miles the roush charger had and why its even on there he said he didnt know.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Strange it isn't washed/waxed/detailed/tire shined to the max. Most dealers really try to spruce 'em up before putting them on the lot or listing them.