Good deal on KO2's on Simple Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the factory tire a load range D? And bfg didn't make a load range D in the KO2 for 35s. So it was either weaker C or stiffer E.
Yes exactly, the last set I had was load range E (48,000 miles ago) and they are definitely stiffer, probably tougher as well and I never had a flat but figured I'd give these a try and see how they do...

slideways247

Reaction score
Yes exactly, the last set I had was load range E (48,000 miles ago) and they are definitely stiffer, probably tougher as well and I never had a flat but figured I'd give these a try and see how they do...
Resurrecting an older thread to find out how those load range "C" tires are working out? Found a good deal on them and was wondering if they are worth the downgrade in load range.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so!! No flats but I haven't been hitting any rocks/cactus either. It's a tradeoff between smoother ride and puncture resistance (and probably wear rate), but so far I think the C range is perfect. This is about 90/10 between asphalt and old highway/sandy beach and oilfield roads; I've only put about 5k miles on them and I think they work great, would recommend.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the GVWR of gen 1 vs gen 2 was very different, I think the C load KOs didn't exist in the proper size back in 2010-2014. I could be way way off on that. C load should work the same as it does on the newer trucks.

slideways247

Reaction score
I think so!! No flats but I haven't been hitting any rocks/cactus either. It's a tradeoff between smoother ride and puncture resistance (and probably wear rate), but so far I think the C range is perfect. This is about 90/10 between asphalt and old highway/sandy beach and oilfield roads; I've only put about 5k miles on them and I think they work great, would recommend.
What pressure do you run them at and who installed them? Discount tire said they would not install these on my truck as the truck is rated for "D" tires.

slideways247

Reaction score
I don't believe the GVWR of gen 1 vs gen 2 was very different, I think the C load KOs didn't exist in the proper size back in 2010-2014. I could be way way off on that. C load should work the same as it does on the newer trucks.
Are you saying the newer trucks have "C" rated tires on them from the factory? I haven't looked into this.