GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea.. that's the whole "we're deleting Blue Cruise... as cool as it could be, in only your awesome trucks that drive great everywhere.." thing they did few years back.

@renomann
I can only suggest you look at yoga..or maybe scuba items you may use while diving..not driving, dIving.... or even maybe a ..ahem.. tesla forum...
I heard from a dealer salesman that he solved all of his bluecruise issues with a $3 dollar 1.5lb ankle weight wrapped around the steering wheel and set on Sport steering resistance.

I'd never do such a thing, a gentle tug every once and a while when the prompt comes up ain't that bad, it just wants to sense some torque input on the wheel.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe make a mechanical dithering device like they use on computer mice, that looks like the monitored control (the steering) is constantly being agitated ??? WHALLA! instant BlueCruise

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or maybe make a mechanical dithering device like they use on computer mice, that looks like the monitored control (the steering) is constantly being agitated ??? WHALLA! instant BlueCruise
Take the lead. Let us know how it works out.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from a dealer salesman that he solved all of his bluecruise issues with a $3 dollar 1.5lb ankle weight wrapped around the steering wheel and set on Sport steering resistance.

I'd never do such a thing, a gentle tug every once and a while when the prompt comes up ain't that bad, it just wants to sense some torque input on the wheel.
yes.. i was trying to elude to that 'hack' tesla peeps have been doing that for years.. I actually have one and have used it several times.. only on longer highways that are straight for the most part.. any lane splits confuse the **** out of it and can cause an erratic 'correction'..
but it is pretty darn cool to use once in a while. living in so cal, don't get much of a chance to use often. only when I drive to central cal do i use it for a few.. but always babysitting it

aiannarelli

Reaction score
Hello,

I am confused on the window open and close witht the remote. The spreadsheet has 8 addresses listed. 2 say optional but the others don't but only 2 others have notes next to them. Do I need to change the 6 non-optional addresses or only two?

DDM740-06-02xxxxxxxx01--Optional: to add Global Open/Close to Sync 4 Settings menu set this in APIM: 7D0-09-01- xxxx xExx xx--'
PDM741-06-02xxxxxxxx01--
DDM740-06-0301xxxxxxxx--
PDM741-06-0301xxxxxxxx--To roll down windows press unlock button on fob and then press again and hold
BCM726-11-02xx01xx01xx--To roll up windows press lock button on fob and then press again and hold
BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--
BCM726-22-02xxxxxxxx01--

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am confused on the window open and close witht the remote. The spreadsheet has 8 addresses listed. 2 say optional but the others don't but only 2 others have notes next to them. Do I need to change the 6 non-optional addresses or only two?

DDM740-06-02xxxxxxxx01--Optional: to add Global Open/Close to Sync 4 Settings menu set this in APIM: 7D0-09-01- xxxx xExx xx--'
PDM741-06-02xxxxxxxx01--
DDM740-06-0301xxxxxxxx--
PDM741-06-0301xxxxxxxx--To roll down windows press unlock button on fob and then press again and hold
BCM726-11-02xx01xx01xx--To roll up windows press lock button on fob and then press again and hold
BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--
BCM726-22-02xxxxxxxx01--

There are seven you need to change, not 8.

The eighth option is if you want the setting to show in the Sync 4 screen you need to go into the APIM and change the one referenced in the notes.

The other notes about up/down are just the instructions on how to make it work once you've changed all seven. they are not specific to the two codes they are next to.

Screenshot-2023-11-25-at-5-01-34-PM.png

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello,

PDM741-06-02xxxxxxxx01--
DDM740-06-0301xxxxxxxx--
BCM726-22-01xxxxxxxx01--
BCM726-22-02xxxxxxxx01--

There are seven you need to change, not 8.

The eighth option is if you want the setting to show in the Sync 4 screen you need to go into the APIM and change the one referenced in the notes.

The other notes about up/down are just the instructions on how to make it work once you've changed all seven. they are not specific to the two codes they are next to.

View attachment 433889
Beat me to it! Much easier to understand within the spreadsheet. Make ALL the changes plus the optional one if you want to be able to turn the feature on/off from within the screen. I didn't do that cuz, I didn't see the point.

Also understand it's the front passenger and driver window only.

JeffBea

Reaction score

Like this video.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering column is accessible under the dash.
An upfitter powering a tool tension linear motor could do the same down there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djispj