GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I planned on doing that tomorrow when I get home from work and see what happens. Wont take super long now that I know the tear down portion, just sucks that I have to resort to this after seeing people with their aftermarket bumpers not have any issues.
Good idea. Rule one for mods is to wait until all known problems are resolved. Having that shutdown event was a red flag.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Rule one for mods is to wait until all known problems are resolved. Having that shutdown event was a red flag.
Yeah that is true, but it seems like every year a new issue comes out with these trucks. It isn't my first rodeo with modding vehicles, and trucks in general, just weird to me that a bumper and moving the location of a part would cause so many issues.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that is true, but it seems like every year a new issue comes out with these trucks. It isn't my first rodeo with modding vehicles, and trucks in general, just weird to me that a bumper and moving the location of a part would cause so many issues.
It probably didn’t. What it did do was muddy the water. Bummer.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably didn’t. What it did do was muddy the water. Bummer.
Yeah it did, which sucks, I know I technically did it to myself, but at the same time, wouldn't ford, or the dealer, need to PROVE with like evidence that the issues were caused by the bumper and whatever else? Not certain how it works, just throwing ideas out there to keep the convo going.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
… wouldn't ford, or the dealer, need to PROVE with like evidence that the issues were caused by the bumper and whatever else?
Only if your lawyers can beat up Ford’s lawyers. And even if you win, it won’t be cheap. Best bet is to work the system and avoid burning bridges too early. You want an engineer from FMC to help the stealer track it down. Since it‘s a major safety issue, they should be motivated.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luckily, I bought the truck from a dealer that the owner / GM is a close family friend, and he already said he was going to get the Ford engineer and his two best techs to figure out what is going on. I know I won't have an issue with him, it'll be corporate.
Maybe your close family friend will complete the buyback and set you up with a clean, one owner Prius or Camry?

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 ended up being a RAV. I believe there was documentation that needed to be signed by me and/or dealership that confirmed no modifications were made to the truck. Either way, hope everything works out for you.