GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thin ice if you’re in an adversarial position. I’d work with ford to resolve the shutdown issue. If they can’t fix it, they’ll probably want to buy it back.
Yeah the shutdown issue is what I am most concerned with. I’m sure they will be able to fix the tailgate issue, and probably tell me I ****** something up with the active vents, but the shutdown issue is something in a whole other category by itself. I know there is an after market bumper and ACC relocation, but let’s all be honest here, we have seen ADD bumpers that need an ACC relocation before without any issues, so it’s not like I’m doing something that is brand new that no one has done before. If something as simple as moving the ACC (which all still works perfect) or having fog lights unplugged causes a complete and total system failure to the point where the truck shuts off and hard shifts into park, that would amaze me.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with removing the fins altogether?

I’d be shocked if they touch the fins at all with half of them missing from your modification.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct.

You relocated the CCM module and wire harness. Both are electrical. And the CCM needs to be precisely adjusted vertically with a level and horizontally with the Ford scan tool.

Why would you spend $83k+ on a vehicle and then guess about the consequences of modifying it?
Because it seems like a very obvious thing, that’s why. I’m not going to cut wires and then go “**** I didn’t know that was gonna happen” but taking off a piece of plastic that is not electrically tied into anything at all isn’t something 99% of people would think “this is going to mess it all up” and if it did, why would it take over a month to show issues and errors in the starting sequence? It just doesn’t make sense.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with removing the fins altogether?
I don’t think there would be anything wrong with it, and I was considering it, but at the time of instal I was going off of what ADD stated to ensure a proper tested install, but after talking to other members they said when putting on aftermarket bumpers they just took the fins off all together.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, then it must be all their fault then. Dammit all.
that's not what I'm saying, the bigger issue that I am having here is that, yes, I put an aftermarket bumper on it, TONs of people have and they have had no issues whatsoever. I have been talking to another GEN 3 owner that put an ADD bumper on, relocated the ACC to the same place that I did and also does not have any lights on their bumper, so fogs are unplugged, and they are having exactly 0 of the issues I am having. I was premature on the buy back sure, but I have a case in to at least alert ford something bigger is happening here. The dealer is aware of the aftermarket bumper and I am going to be giving them all of the factory parts and hardware as well, but the bottom line is that prior to me having this bumper on, the gauge cluster blanked on me once as well, and the ford dealer near me couldn't replicate it so they had no chance to diagnose what could be the issue.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, maybe I missed it but what year is your Gen 3? I heard possible bad batches of chips for the early Gen 3s (2021) and other brands between 2020-2022 due to rushing chips out for vehicles with lower quality control.
Its a 23', picked it up in January.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put factory bumper back on and see if that fixes some of the issues.
Yeah I planned on doing that tomorrow when I get home from work and see what happens. Wont take super long now that I know the tear down portion, just sucks that I have to resort to this after seeing people with their aftermarket bumpers not have any issues.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I planned on doing that tomorrow when I get home from work and see what happens. Wont take super long now that I know the tear down portion, just sucks that I have to resort to this after seeing people with their aftermarket bumpers not have any issues.
Call ADD and see if other customers have reported the same. Maybe they have some advice