Gen2 on 17x9 Rotiform SIX-OR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it amusing that owners of a 5600 lb truck are looking for light wheels.
Unsprung mass is especially important for offroad vehicles no matter how much they weigh, arguably much more so than street cars. It's about dealing with uneven surfaces, especially while turning.

Your suspension can keep your tires in contact with the ground better as the mass it is controlling decreases, especially in the front where you don't also have the mass of the live axle. Removing 10 lbs per corner percentage-wise, is pretty significant in the front. Doubtful you'd ever notice it on the street unless there's hella rough roads where you drive, but you could feel increased bite and improved handling offrroad, especially at high speed and as the surface gets worse.

An example of this is the rear end of these trucks stepping out over bumps. The new lighter aluminum bed is over a heavy ass solid rear axle with heavy ass leafs. If we could switch to linkage style IRS and remove that solid axle, or even just drop the leaf spring and use linkage and coils, rear end bite and overall stability would drastically improve. But even 20lbs total with both wheels is significant, paired with lighter brakes it starts to add up.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unsprung mass is especially important for offroad vehicles no matter how much they weigh, arguably much more so than street cars. It's about dealing with uneven surfaces, especially while turning.

Your suspension can keep your tires in contact with the ground better as the mass it is controlling decreases, especially in the front where you don't also have the mass of the live axle. Removing 10 lbs per corner percentage-wise, is pretty significant in the front. Doubtful you'd ever notice it on the street unless there's hella rough roads where you drive, but you could feel increased bite and improved handling offrroad, especially at high speed and as the surface gets worse.

An example of this is the rear end of these trucks stepping out over bumps. The new lighter aluminum bed is over a heavy ass solid rear axle with heavy ass leafs. If we could switch to linkage style IRS and remove that solid axle, or even just drop the leaf spring and use linkage and coils, rear end bite and overall stability would drastically improve. But even 20lbs total with both wheels is significant, paired with lighter brakes it starts to add up.

less unsprung weight also helps with initial take-off - less initial mass to move...

also - throw some 48 pound 22's on the truck and I bet your MPG drops to about 8

Liv4Spd

Reaction score
Cashed, that looks great! Few questions..

Any collars or other mods on the front for clearance... can't tell if it's got the stock from that angle?
Those are the 17x9 +1's? How far do the 37's stick out under full articulation.. asume you'd hit the fender?

cashed

Reaction score
They are 20 inch rotiforms, and the only mods I have done is leveled the front with SVC CAS unit. Trimmed the front fenders a bit and yes in they rub in extreme offload situation but not around town.

bigelliot

Reaction score
Just an update, been talking to Rotiform about doing their wheels in a forged 2-Piece fitment for these trucks and the price is reasonable for a forged wheel. They can do simulated beadlock or none at all like the Tacoma in the pic. If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM

Did anything ever come from this? I just sold a 4Runner I was running FN Six Shooters on and quickly became very disappointed in the lack of simple 6 or 7 spoke wheels in F150 fitment. I love the Rotiform Six-OR look, but would very much prefer it without the simulated beadlock ring.

Alternatively, I'm interested in the Six-OR forged pricing you mention.

Thanks!