GEN2 (2019) Engine Running Hot, Phaser Sound Again After 10K From Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine runs around 219-222ish had the dealer check it out because I thought it was running hot after the coolant flush. They said it was running at normal operating temperatures. I'm also in 90+ degree weather, it hit 233 in 115 degree weather on a road trip going up a grade at 82 mph. Which is why I had the dealer check it out.
the first # range isnt unreasonable for hwy speed with some headwind in hot weather

the new thermostat from ford dropped mine a bit, now its 212-216 going like 80 with some boost cause of headwind. 199-206 regular driving.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first # range isnt unreasonable for hwy speed with some headwind in hot weather

the new thermostat from ford dropped mine a bit, now its 212-216 going like 80 with some boost cause of headwind. 199-206 regular driving.
hmmm, maybe I'll change the Tstat at some point and see if I get lower temps.

OP
OP
hashtag_AWESOME
Reaction score
UPDATE: Ford Corporate again confirmed the initial warranty service is only a year warranty coverage on parts and workmanship. Financial assistance was approved at 50%. I negotiated with the Service Director and they finally agreed to do the service at their expense given the circumstances.

The phaser replacement was done, they also did the valve cover replacement after finding oil all over the place.

I drove the truck home and it still ran hot just climbing the small mountain range with nothing in the truck (I'm not a big guy -stop it I know what you're thinking). Hit 232 temps.

Disappointing. Back to drawing board about running hot. Perhaps yet another thermostat replacement. Mystery remains at large.