Gen 3 Width - will it fit in my garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if a Gen 2 will fit through an 8 foot wide garage door. I have more room once I'm in. The specs seem to say yes but it sure looks between impractical and impossible on a daily basis. Anybody doing this?

Couchking

Reaction score
I'm wondering if a Gen 2 will fit through an 8 foot wide garage door. I have more room once I'm in. The specs seem to say yes but it sure looks between impractical and impossible on a daily basis. Anybody doing this?
I’ve been trying to figure out the same thing. I have 8x8ft single garage doors that open into a larger space inside. From what I’ve read on here, it seems like backing the truck in is potentially easier. In one of the review videos they show lines on the front view camera, coinciding with the widest parts of the truck. If that’s truly the case, I’m sure it would be do-able with some practice.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a fire engine on a daily basis. It’s 8 ft, and wider than my Gen 1, although sometimes it doesn’t seem like it on the road.

You’ll fit in more places than you think across all Gens.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was searching for my Gen2, I had my garage remodeled so it would fit. My previous truck was an '06 F-150. I had to fold 1 mirror in to get into the garage. The Raptor wasn't going to fit.

Now, I just have to worry about length. The Gen2 has about 6" inches to spare length wise.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a good head start, plenty of speed and it’ll slide right in

My GEN two fits in the 8 foot garage with mirrors folded in and it isn’t worth the hassle. It’s a pick up truck meant to go fast off road…I got rock chips I got pinstripes it’s got marks I can’t explain…Like I said for me personally it isn’t worth the effort…I really don’t want to add marks I can explain.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to figure out the same thing. I have 8x8ft single garage doors that open into a larger space inside. From what I’ve read on here, it seems like backing the truck in is potentially easier. In one of the review videos they show lines on the front view camera, coinciding with the widest parts of the truck. If that’s truly the case, I’m sure it would be do-able with some practice.

Just do what I did, buy a new house. Make sure you buy a house with larger doors than you need now for future proofing as the Raptors get larger. The Raptor didn’t fit, so I moved 5 months later. I can fit a boat or RV in my new garage doors!

In all seriousness though, hopefully y’all’s doors are tall enough. The last house the height made it an absolute no go. The width would have barely worked. The wife had a hard enough time with her mid size SUV… but she does suck at parking.

BTW, for when you move, Raptors prefer waterfront property. Atleast that’s what mine told me.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garage doors now a days are made to fit a Prius !
But even then a little K-Y helps.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't even get me started. We are building a new home in AZ and all the builders are treating everyone like trash because it is a seller's market and they know they can. Pick options from the list and NO changes. 16 and 8 foot doors. Period.

lobsterman

Reaction score
Ordered a 22 35”. I have a 92” wide garage door opening. Am I wrong to assume that 86.6” with “no mirrors” as stated on specs means mirrors folded? If so, will be real tight. With cameras all around truck would I be able to see clearence while pulling in? Thanks for all the help you guys hand out!